- 19 min ago Premium Hatchback Sales In April 2021: Tata Altroz Outsells Hyundai i20
- 45 min ago Renault Offers & Discounts In May 2021: Benefits On Renault Kiger, Kwid, Duster & Triber
- 1 hr ago Honda Has Announced A Cashback Offer On The Purchase Of An Activa 6G: Read More!
- 1 hr ago KTM Is Working On A New Range Of 750CC Motorcycles: Here Are All The Details!
- Movies After Testing Negative, Pooja Hegde Says, ‘We Have To Learn To Live With COVID-19’
- Education Google CEO Sundar Pichai Lays Out ‘Hybrid’ Workplace Model, 20% Staff To Permanently Work From Home
- Lifestyle Mother’s Day 2021: Health Tips For New Moms With Diabetes
- Sports IPL 2021: English counties wish to host remainder of tournament in September, write to ECB
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In May
- News Second wave of COVID-19 can hit energy demand in April-June quarter: Report
- Technology Oppo K9 5G With 90Hz Display, 65W Fast Charging Goes Official; Price, Features
- Finance LIC Revised Working Hours of All Offices, Check New Timings Here
Mahindra will be launching its eKUV100 sometime around January 2021. The launch timeline was officially reavlead by Dr Pawan Goenka MD, Mahindra and Mahindra Limited, at the launch of the all-new Treo Zor electric commercial vehicle.
Mahindra had announced the prices of the eKUV100 back in February at the 2020 Auto Expo. However, due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the resulting nation-wide lockdown announced earlier in the country, the launch and delivery plans of the eKUV100 have been delayed.
The company has now announced that the launch plans are now back on track. Mahindra is gearing up to launch a slew of electric vehicles in the Indian market over the next couple of months.
Speaking about the eKUV100, the electric-SUV is priced at Rs 8.25 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). This makes the eKUV100 one of the most affordable electric vehicles available in the Indian market. Once available, the eKUV100 will be the cheapest SUV sold in the Indian market, taking the title away currently held by the Tata Nexon EV.
The company also announced that they will focus sales on fleet operators for the eKUV100. However, the SUV will also be offered to private buyers looking to switch green mobility in the country.
The Mahindra eKUV100 is powered by a 40kW electric motor paired to a 15.9kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The eclectic powertrain produces a maximum of 53bhp and a peak torque of 120Nm. The eKUV100 can travel a maximum of 120 kilometres on a single battery charge.
Mahindra will be offering the eKUV100 with both standard and fast-charging options. The charge times of the eKUV100 is yet to be revealed by the company. However, using a DC fast charger the SUV is expected to charge up to 80 per cent within an hour.
The eKUV100's design is almost identical to the standard ICE-powered model. However, there are a few changes such as a new grille, updated headlamps, taillights and alloy wheel design as well. The SUV also features several blue accents to indicate the electric powertrain under the bonnet.
On the Inside, the Mahindra eKUV100 features a similar cabin layout that is seen on the gasoline-powered models. This includes the same dashboard-mounted gear selector, multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls and climate controls.
However, the eKUV100 could feature a larger touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The digital instrument cluster will also be updated to provide more relevant data related to electric vehicle use. This includes the range, battery temperature, electric motor speed and more.
In related news, the company has also announced a couple of new electric vehicles that are currently in its pipeline. The launch of eKUV100 will be followed by the arrival of the most anticipated Atom electric quadricycle from the company.
Mahindra will be launching the Atom Quadricycle sometime around April 2021, which is approximately six months from now. The Atom Quadricuycle was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo — here are all details.
The third electric vehicle in the company's pipeline is a model codenamed S201, which could be the eXUV300. The company has confirmed that the Tata Nexon EV rival will be launching either by the end of 2021 or early 2022.
Mahindra had showcased the eXUV300 at the 2020 Auto Expo revealing some of the features that can be expected in its production version — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Mahindra eKUV100 Launch Timeline Officially Revealed
The demand for electric vehicles is growing at a rapid rate in the country. We are noticing many new players and mainstream manufacturer boarding the EV bandwagon in the country. The Mahindra eKUV100 is an important model in the EV space as it unlocks the affordability factor for aspirated EV buyers in the country.