- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sales Cross 6 Lakh Units Mark In 5 Years: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago New MINI Countryman launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 39.50 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago New Tata Tiago ‘XTA’ Variant Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.99 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Interiors Sketches Officially Revealed Ahead Of India Launch
- Sports Sharath Kamal loses in pre-quarters at WTT Contender Doha
- Technology Sony's New Patent Can Transform Any Live Object Into A Controller
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Hits Back At Trolls Accusing Her Of Stealing A Smoothie Image From The Internet
- News India honoured to be at forefront of popularising millets: PM Modi
- Finance NPS Vs APY: Where To Invest In Terms Of Good Returns?
- Education HPSSC Junior Office Assistant Admit Card 2021 Released At www.hpsssb.hp.gov.in
- Lifestyle Neha Kakkar And Rohanpreet Singh Shells Out Major Couple Fashion Goals As They Twin In Black
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In March
Indian car buyers would always want to add some exclusivity to their vehicles. While some choose from the list of official accessories offered by the company, others would tap into the ocean of aftermarket and custom-made components to deck their ride.
Normally, car modifications even using aftermarket components usually only add to the aesthetics or the "looks" of the vehicle, and very less in terms of performance. It is rare to find tastefully modified vehicles, that enhances the looks while adding more performance or capabilities to the vehicle.
A Mahindra Bolero Invader that belongs to Mr Deepesh Shetty was spotted with a host of modifications adding to both design and performance of the SUV. This monster truck look-a-like of an SUV was brought to light by the video posted on Weekend On Wheels #Wow YouTube channel.
The first thing that the modified invader received is a new turbo-diesel SZ engine that is lifted from the Mahindra Scorpio DI model. It replaces the older DI engine on the Invader for more horsepower, which would be needed to compensate for the lift kit.
Additionally, the stock air filter has been replaced by a performance filter from K&N. The intake has been raised with the help of a snorkel for better water wading.
Other performance modifications include a new suspension from Ironman, that lifts the whole SUV by around nine-inches. This improves the SUV's approach, departure and breakover angles increasing the off-road capabalities.
This monstrous SUV also uses 35-inch wheels along with Maxxis Bighorn tyres to help tackle rough terrain. The spare wheel continues to be mounted on the tailgate. Another notable functional modification includes a roll-cage that is externally mounted to the SUV and is custom made to fit the truck.
With all the increase in ride height, the ingress and egress to the SUV had to be rethought. To overcome the problem the owner has added a new power-operated side foot-step on both sides sourced from AMP Research. The side-step presents itself only when the door is open.
Other external modifications to the off-roader include a new custom-made front bumper that houses the DRLs and indicators, both of which are sourced from Lexus. It also has two fog lights placed in the middle of the bumper.
Highlighting the front of the SUV is a 52-inch LED light bar placed above the windshield. The external rear-view mirrors are sourced from the Toyota FJ Cruiser.
At the rear, the stock tail lamps are replaced with the LED units from J.W. Speaker along with a custom-made rear-bumper. The entire SUV is finished in a yellow paint scheme with a black soft-top giving it a dual-tone look.
Moving to the inside, the interiors of the monster truck feature a black upholstery with white contrast stitching across the cabin including door trims. It also features a touchscreen infotainment system placed in the middle in front of the gear lever.
Also, the SUV is using four roof-mounted speakers along with a JBL tube-type subwoofer placed in between the rear seats. It also features a roof-mounted air-condition system offering to cool both front and rear passengers.
All four seats feature black leather upholstery with armrests and seatbelts for additional comfort and safety. The driver pedals feature Sparco aluminium finishers giving it a sporty look.
Thoughts About The Modified Mahindra Bolero Invader
The Invader has been given a new look and performance with attention to detail. It has been tasteful modified with right use of aftermarket components. The aggressive and rugged design of the SUV has the performance to match the looks. With the LED light bar at the front, the fun will not stop even after the sun goes down.