- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 11 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Mahindra Electric recently confirmed that they will primarily focus on electric vehicles based for commercial use. The company has plans for launching several EVs in the Indian market soon. This includes the Atom electric quadricycle.
The company showcased the Atom at the 2020 Auto Expo, and it was also was used to ferry visitors inside the expo area as well. The company was expected to launch the electric quadricycle sometime in the third quarter of this year.
However, like most product launches getting delayed this year, even the EVs arrival to the Indian market has been pushed forward due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the subsequent nation-wide lockdown that was in effect earlier.
The Atom is now expected to launch sometime early next year and will target last-mile connectivity and fleet operators. Ahead of its launch, Mahindra has released a teaser video showcasing some of the features of the Atom.
The video highlights the tall-riding design of the vehicles that make for a roomier cabin despite its relatively small overall dimensions. It also claims to offer maximum comfort mostly with the help of a reclining seat.
It also showcases the Atom's large window panels giving it an airy feel considering the form factor. The company also claims that it is easy to load luggage because of the flat floor and large doors.
Apart from this, we noticed a couple of more features when the company unveiled the Atom prototype-model at the Expo. It featured a mobile phone holder, air-con vents, seating for three occupants including the driver, wind-up roller handles for windows, and interestingly a flat-bottom steering wheel as well. It also featured a large touchscreen for rear passenger entertainment.
The company did not reveal the exact specifications of the Atom at the time of unveiling. However, we expect it to produce a power output of less than 15kW with an electronically-limited top speed of 70kmph.
Once launched, the Atom Electric will rival the only other upcoming Bajaj Qute electric quadricycle in the Indian market. The Atom will be assembled at the company's plant in Bengaluru, where all the brand's low voltage models are produced.
Mahindra Electric has recently made several investments towards the development of its electric vehicle portfolio. This includes an investment of Rs 150 crores towards the development of quadricycles and Rs 250 crore in a new assembly line at its Bengaluru facility. It also has plans of investing Rs 500 crore towards its R&D centre which is also based in Bengaluru.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Atom Electric Quadricycle Teased Ahead Of Launch Next Year
The Mahindra Atom electric quadricycle will mostly be targeted towards fleet operators and is suitable to ferry passengers around the city. It will help with reduced costs in ride fares and also help reduce pollution. That being said, it can also be ideal as a personal transport vehicle during the need for social distancing.