- 13 hrs ago Mercedes-AMG Cars To Be Made In India Starting With AMG GLC 43 Coupe
- 15 hrs ago New Helmet Rule Imposed In Karnataka: Revised Guidelines For Children On Two-Wheelers
- 17 hrs ago Gemopai Electric Scooters Discounts For October 2020: Festive Season Benefits Up To Rs 5,500
- 17 hrs ago New TVS Ntorq 125 ‘SuperSquad’ Edition Scooter Inspired By Avengers Characters: Priced At Rs 85,992
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Exam Date 2020 On October 31
- Finance 1 Year Fixed Deposits That Give Good Interest Rates
- News Chinese soldier held by India after he strayed into Ladakh handed back
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days End Date Sale 2020: Heavy Discounts On Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Lifestyle This Indian-American Girl Discovery Can Lead To The Development Of COVID-19 Drug
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 October 20 Highlights: Gauahar, Hina's Argue With Sidharth, Rubina Feels Disrespected
- Sports Dynamo Kiev 0-2 Juventus: Morata gets Pirlo off to winning start in Champions League
- Travel Best Beaches To Visit In India In November
Lexus entered the Indian market back in 2017. At that time the company was importing its cars, but it finally started CKD (completely knocked-down) operations at Toyota Kirloskar Motor's (TKM) Bidadi plant in Karnataka earlier this year.
The company launched its first locally assembled product - the ES 300h - on January 31. Since it is being locally assembled here, the cost of production has gone down slightly. The luxury sedan, which was earlier available at Rs 59.95 lakh and in only one trim, is now offered in two trim levels with prices starting at Rs 51.90 - 56.95 lakh (all prices are ex-showroom).
Mechanically, the made in India ES 300h sticks to global specifications. The sedan is continued to be powered by a 2.5-litre petrol engine mated to an electric motor for a combined system output of 217bhp of power. However, the carmaker claims to have used the opportunity of assembling the model here to tweak the suspension setup so that it performs better on the Indian road.
In other recent auto news, the Skoda Vision IN will feature two turbo-petrol engine options when it is launched in our country. The upcoming SUV's concept was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo and the SUV will be launched under the company's new 'India 2.0' project with Volkswagen India.
The engine options on the Skoda Vision IN are the 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol engines. the 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI engine which also powers the Skoda Rapid sedan produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
On the other hand, the 1.5-litre engine TSI EVO four-cylinder engine which currently powers the Skoda KAroq SUV in the brand's line-up is expected to churn out 150bhp of power and 250Nm of peak torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
Thoughts About The Made In India Lexus ES 300h
Well, as the ES 300h will now be manufactured in India, it will be cheaper than before and will gain a lot of traction. The ES 300h will lock horns with the Mercedes-Benz E-class, BMW 5 Series, Audi A6, and the Jaguar XF.