- 11 hrs ago New Kia Sonet SUV Modified Tastefully In Bangalore: Here Are All The Customisations Made
- 13 hrs ago Eeve Xeniaa Long-Term Review (First Report): Initial Impressions On The Eco-Friendly City Commuter
- 13 hrs ago Kia Sonet Bookings Cross 50,000 Units Milestone Mark: New Achievement By Hyundai Venue Rival
- 15 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio Sting Trademarked In India: New Name For Next-Gen SUV
- Sports Royal Challengers Bangalore bowled well, says Kolkata Knight Riders captain Eoin Morgan
- Education MP Board 12th Supplementary Result 2020 Declared, Check MPBSE 12th Result Link
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 October 21 Highlights: Shehzad Deol Gets Eliminated, Toofani Seniors Exit The Show
- News INS Kavaratti: The silent submarine killer in the seas, to be commissioned into Navy today
- Finance Domestic Air Travel Picks Up Amid Festivities; Delhi-Mumbai Spot Fare Rs. 18,000
- Lifestyle Diabetes In Men: Early Signs And Symptoms To Look Out For
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In November
- Technology Vi Offering Double Data Benefits With Prepaid Plans
Land Rover will launch its Defender range of off-road SUVs on October 15, 2020, in the Indian market. The company will be launching the Defender brand for the first time in the country, which will mark a significant milestone for Land Rover in India.
The Defender is available in two models called the 90 (three-door) and the 110, which is a five-door SUV. Both models are offered in five variants each. Land Rover had announced prices for the Defender earlier this year and was open for pre-bookings in the country.
The Defender 90 retails at a between Rs 69.99 lakh and Rs 81.30 lakh, while the 110 model is priced between Rs 76.57 lakh and Rs 86.27 lakh. The deliveries of the Defender 110 model will begin at the time of the launch. However, deliveries of the Defender 90 model are delayed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Rohit Suri, President & Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd (JLRIL), said: "It will be a proud moment for Land Rover to bring the iconic New Defender for the first time in India since we entered the country in 2009. It will also be a significant milestone for the overall auto industry in India to witness the launch of a vehicle which enjoys legendary cult status across the globe. In line with its status, an immersive and highly engaging digital launch event has been planned to mark its arrival in India".
The new Defender models are powered by a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder, turbo-petrol ‘P300' engine. It produces a maximum of 300hp and a peak torque of 400Nm. The engine comes mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox with power sent to all four wheels.
The Defender also features Land Rover's terrain response system to help tackle the rough terrain with ease. The Defender 110 model is offered with an air-suspension system as standard.
Other driver assistance features on the off-roader include cruise control, a 360-degree 3D surround camera, wade sensing for those stream crossings and driver condition monitoring. The SUV features standard safety equipment such as airbags, ABS, traction control and more.
The exterior of the Defender features projector headlamps with u-shaped LED DRLs, a square-shaped LED tail lamps, dual-tone colour with the roof finished in silver, and scuff plates at both ends; among others.
On the inside, the Land Rover Defender comes packed with a host of features and carries a rugged design theme. This includes rubber floors to help with muddy boots, seats made out of fabric and leather combination for maximum durability. Some of the other features include a Head-Up Display, a 12.3-inch fully-digital instrument cluster, a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, wireless smartphone charging and more.
Thoughts About The Land Rover Defender India Launch Timeline Revealed
The company had announced the prices of the Defender off-road SUV range much earlier in the year. However, the deliveries of the SUVs were delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The Defender name is known for its go-anywhere capabilities and can conquer any terrain. Once launched, the Land Rover Defender 110 will rival the Jeep Wrangler and the Mercedes-Benz G350; among others in the Indian market.