- 18 min ago Tata Motors Dealerships Introduce Car Safety Bubble: Ensures Sanitised Cars At The Time Of Delivery
- 59 min ago Honda Hornet 2.0 Review (First Ride): Best Handling Motorcycle In The Segment?
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: All The Two-Wheeler Highlights From The Week Passed By!
- 1 day ago KTM 250 Adventure Vs 390 Adventure: Which Of The Siblings Should You Consider?
- Movies Mahesh Babu Completes 41 Years In Tollywood; Devi Sri Prasad, Kona Venkat, & Others Congratulate The Superstar
- News To curb black-marketing of tickets, ASI caps online ticket booking to Taj Mahal
- Sports Greg Barclay speaks: 'India is a massively important part of ICC, world cricket'
- Technology Realme Ace Tipped To Launch With 125W UltraDart Charging Tech, SD 875 Chipset
- Finance What Is The difference Between Equity Mutual Funds And Shares?
- Lifestyle Lady Gaga’s Exotic Make-Up Look Marked By Three Eye Shadow Colours Is Striking!
- Education MHT CET Topper 2020: Explore Topper Of MHT CET 2020 PCB And PCM
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In December
Land Rover has announced that its 2020 Defender model range has arrived into the country. The first batch of premium off-road SUVs has arrived at the shipping docs of Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust in Mumbai.
The British luxury automaker will launch its Defender range of off-road SUVs in the Indian market on October 15, 2020. The company will be launching the Defender brand for the first time in the country.
The Defender is available in two models with two different door configuration: the Defender 90, which is a three-door model and the 110, which is a five-door SUV. Both models are offered in five variants each.
Land Rover had announced prices for the Defender earlier this year and was open for pre-booking in the country. The Defender 90 retails between Rs 69.99 lakh and Rs 81.30 lakh. While the 110 off-road SUV variants are priced between Rs 76.57 lakh and Rs 86.27 lakh.
According to recent reports, the deliveries of the new Defender 110 model will begin at the time of the launch. However, deliveries of the new Defender 90 model are delayed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The exterior of the 2020 Defender features projector headlamps with u-shaped LED DRLs, a square-shaped LED tail lamps, dual-tone colour with the roof finished in silver, and scuff plates at both ends; among others.
The off-road SUV features a boxy-design that is reminiscent of its predecessor models and maintains its imposing stance. The two-tone bumper at both ends, along with all-round body cladding and huge outside rear-view mirrors enhances its road presence.
On the inside, the Land Rover Defender comes packed with a host of features and carries a rugged design theme. This includes rubber floors to help with muddy boots, seats made out of fabric and leather combination for maximum durability.
Some of the other features include a Head-Up Display, a 12.3-inch fully-digital instrument cluster, a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, wireless smartphone charging and more. The new Defender also features windows on the roof, which will help in spotting of animals up in the trees.
The new Defender models are powered by a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder, turbo-petrol ‘P300' engine. It produces a maximum of 300hp and a peak torque of 400Nm. The engine comes mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox with power sent to all four wheels.
The Defender also features Land Rover's terrain response system to help tackle the rough terrain with ease. The Defender 110 model is offered with an air-suspension system as standard.
Other driver assistance features on the off-roader include cruise control, a 360-degree 3D surround camera, wade sensing for those stream crossings and driver condition monitoring. The SUV features standard safety equipment such as airbags, ABS, traction control and more.
Thoughts About The Land Rover Defender First Batch Units Arriving In India
With the first bath of Defender SUVs arriving in the Indian market, customers who might have booked the off-roader would take deliveries right after its launch. The new Defender carries the brand's heritage forward with a modern touch.