- 6 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 24 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News 1,256 cases of illegal trading, poaching of wildlife recorded from 2017 to 2019: Centre
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Pro Special Edition India Launch Set On September 24: Report
- Sports IPL 2020: Kings XI Punjab ropes in a range of sponsors
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Called Uneducated By Meena Kumari’s Step-son; 'She Inflicted Trauma On Our Family'
- Lifestyle India Couture Week 2020: Our Favourite 5 Bridal Wear Picks From Suneet Varma’s Stellar Collection
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Italian supercar manufacturer Lamborghini has unveiled its Essenza SCV12 model. Built by the brand's Squadra Corse racing division, the Lamborghini SCV12 features mechanical, aerodynamic, and chassis upgrades over the brand's Aventador model that it is based on.
Rumor has it that the brand will make an entry into Le Mans 2021 with the new Essenza SCV12 hypercar. The brand has also announced that only 40 units will be built, making the Lamborghini SCV12 a very exclusive vehicle to own.
The SCV12 features hexagonal elements in its design, including its roof scoop and front headlights. The EssenzaSCV12 also arrives with 19-inch magnesium alloy wheels at the front, and 20-inch wheels at the rear.
The Lamborghini Essenza SCV12 features double air intakes on the bonnet, a roof scoop, a massive front splitter, and winglets that channel air into the vehicle's side intakes to cool the engine and the gearbox.
The addition of a large adjustable rear spoiler helps the vehicle generate 1,200 kilograms of downforce at speeds of 250kmph.
The vehicle features a new carbon-fiber monocoque chassis, and lightweight cody shell that is split into three parts for easy replacement of damaged sections during a race. The brand hasn't revealed the weight of the SCV12 but says that the vehicle's power to weight ratio stands at 2hp for every kilo.
The Lamborghini Essenza SCV12 is powered by a 6.5-litre naturally aspirated V12 engine that is capable of producing 830hp, thanks to aerodynamic supercharging technology. The engine has been designed by Lamborghini Centro Stile, the brand's in-house design center.
Other changes made to the engine include a redesigned twin-exit exhaust system that helps improve performance, and brings with it a unique engine note. The engine comes mated to a new Xtrac sequential six-speed gearbox.
The interiors of the Lamborghini Essenza SCV12 features loads of Alcantara and carbon elements with a Y shaped carbon-fibre structure that divides the driver and passenger sections.
The vehicle also features a multi-functional steering wheel with an inbuilt telemetry system that are modelled after one that are used in F1 cars, FIA approved racing seats, and red door pull tabs instead of traditional handles.
Lamborghini says that owners of the SCV12 will become members of an exclusive club, and will participate in advanced driving programs at some of the world's most famous circuits.
Owners will also participate in athletic training programs that Squadra Corse racing drivers take part in, and will be offered technical assistance from Squadra Corse engineers, and a special tutoring session with five-time 24 Hours of Le Mans winner Emanuele Pirro, and Lamborghini's racer Marco Mapelli.
Thoughts About The Lamborghini Essenza SCV12 Unveiled
The Lamborghini Essenza SCV12 looks straight out of a Forza Horizon video game. We're sure this vehicle is extremely fast, extremely capable, and we're thrilled for the 40 folk who finally own the vehicle. If only one could test it out on a track. Sigh!