- 22 min ago New Kawasaki Ninja 300 BS6 India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival The TVS Apache RR310
- 57 min ago Ather 450X Series1 Deliveries To Start Soon In Pune, Hyderabad & Ahemdabad
- 1 hr ago 2021 Audi R8 Panther Edition Unveiled Internationally: A Special Model Limited To Just 30 Units
- 2 hrs ago Ford Cars Midnight Surprise Campaign Introduced In India: Here Are All Details
- Finance How To Transfer Funds From EPF To NPS Tier-1 Account?
- News Is it Karnataka bandh tomorrow?
- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan Says Ananya Panday Would Be Apt To Play The Role Of Poo In K3G Remake
- Technology Tecno POVA With MediaTek Helio G80 SoC Debuts In India: Price, Specifications
- Sports India vs Australia, 1st T20I: Debutant T Natarajan receives cap from Jasprit Bumrah
- Lifestyle 12 Protein-Rich Foods For Pregnant Women
- Education Amazon Jobs: Amazon On a Hiring Spree Engaging More Than 1.2 Million People, Recruiting 2,800 Workers On A Daily Basis
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
Kinetic Green — a Pune based electric vehicle manufacturer, has introduced India's first one-ton electric cargo three-wheeler, called the Safar Jumbo. The new Kinetic Safar Jumbo electric cargo three-wheeler is priced at Rs 2.50 lakh, ex-showroom (Pune).
The new electric three-wheeler has been introduced to address a number of commercial purposes, including last-mile deliveries. The Kinetic Safar Jumbo electric three-wheeler can also be used for short-distance deliveries of LPG cylinders, along with other applications such as waste management and food truck as well. This is possible as the electric three-wheeler promises to combine long-range with a higher top speed.
The Kinetic Green Safar Jumbo electric cargo three-wheeler is said to have been designed from the ground up at the company's R&D facility in the country. The electric three-wheeler also claims to have been built using 100% indigenous parts.
The electric three-wheeler is said to fall under the L5 commercial vehicle category. The electric cargo three-wheeler is said to have a payload capacity of 500kg, To carry the goods, the Kinetic Safar Jumbo comes with a specially designed cargo bay with close to 150 cubic feet of space.
The Kinetic Safar Jumbo is built using a steel body for added durability and safety. The electric cargo three-wheeler is said to come powered by a lithium-ion battery pack which is capable of offering a maximum of 120km on a single charge. The electric powertrain on the cargo three-wheeler is also said to have a top speed of 55km/h.
The battery pack on the three-wheeler is said to take anywhere between 3 to 4 hours for a complete charge. The company will also offer the Safar Jumbo with an optional fast-charger for Rs 20,000 which will bring down the charging time to under 2 hours.
The company states that the pricing of the Safar Jumbo electric three-wheeler includes the Rs 60,000 incentive from the government's FAME II subsidy. The company will also be offering the Safar Jumbo with a standard three-year warranty as well.
Other elements on the electric cargo three-wheeler include independent suspension and upgraded hydraulic brakes. The Safar Jumbo also features a digital instrument cluster, interactive Kinetic Konnect App, dynamic SOC, CAN-based controller and a 'Magic Gear', which allows the three-wheeler to easily go over steep gradients.
Thoughts On The Kinetic Safar Jumbo Electric Cargo Three-Wheeler
The Kinetic Safar Jumbo electric cargo three-wheeler seems ideal for last-mile deliveries and intra-city commercial usage. Being electric, the three-wheeler is bound to bring down ownership and running costs, compared to standard diesel-powered rivals.