- 46 min ago Hero Reveals New Seat Covers And Helmet For The XPulse 200 BS6
- 1 hr ago BEST Increases BUS Fleet By 1,000 Units: Daily Earnings Cross The Rs 90 Lakh Mark
- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar 150 BS6 Models Witness Second Price Increase: Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Stops Taking Bookings For The Rapid Rider Due To Its High Demand
- Movies Chiranjeevi’s Son-In-Law Kalyaan Dhev Tests Negative For COVID-19; Vijetha Star Shares On Instagram
- News Don’t take it for granted, Indira, Atal too had lost
- Finance Top 5 Private Indian Banks Could See Their NPAs Doubling In FY21: Report
- Technology Realme 6i India Launch Set For June 14: Expected Price And More
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Sports Rumour Has It: Man City to offer two players for Koulibaly, Liverpool won't pursue Thiago
- Lifestyle Different Styles Of Earrings For Long, Medium And Short Hair That Will Guaranteed Steal Attention
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Kia Motors is close to launching its third offering in the country, but has encountered a problem along the way. The Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion under the Ministry of Industry & Commerce of the Government of India, has objected to the 'Kia Sonet' name for the Indian market.
Kia Motors submitted three applications with different names - Sonet, Kia Sonet, and Sonet Concept for its upcoming compact SUV. The exact reason for the objection of the name Kia Sonet name is unclear at the moment.
According to 91wheels, the ‘Sonet' word mark is already being used by Sonet Sanitarywares and may be that is why the brand name was rejected by the govt for usage by Kia Motors.
Kia Motors showcased the Sonet concept at the Delhi Auto Expo this year and let everyone know, indirectly, that it would be called the Sonet — basically postulated all-over that the production model would be called the Kia Sonet.
The Kia Sonet will be the South Korean brand's third offering for the Indian market, after the Kia Seltos and the Kia Carnival Premium MPV. Riding on the success of these two utility models in India, Kia hopes for the same kind of response or even better for the upcoming compact SUV.
The Kia Sonet compact SUV will be built on the Venue's platform and will even share powertrain options. However the Sonet (or whatever it is called eventually) will be a slight premium offering, and will arrive loaded with features, including some that are segment first.
Thoughts About The Name Kia Sonet Objected By The Government
Kia Motors is really ready to launch its most affordable offering in the Indian market, especially after the runaway success the Seltos has been. Launched in August 2019, the mid-size SUV created a strong and positive brand image for the carmaker in India and business have boomed ever since.
We think this is just someone at some desk at some government office wanting a little more that what was already coughed up. It's just a matter of time before Kia Motors gets a no-objection certificate from the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion.