- 6 hrs ago Volkswagen Updates Pre-Owned Cars Centers In India: Here Are All Details
- 7 hrs ago New Tata Tiago NRG Variant Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 8 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer Range To Recieve New Colours: Teaser Released
- 10 hrs ago Best-Selling Two-Wheelers In India For August 2020: Hero Splendor & Honda Activa Take Top Honours
- Sports IPL 2020: Skipper MS Dhoni says 'Chennai Super Kings lacking a bit of steam in the batting department'
- News Bihar Polls 2020: How EC plans to conduct free and fair elections amid coronavirus pandemic
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Movies Mohanlal Joins The Sets Of Drishyam 2: George Kutty To Get A New Look?
- Finance 7 Stocks That Moved The Most On September 25, 2020
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A72 Tipped To Be In Works; Might Offer Penta-Lens Setup
- Lifestyle Rashami Desai Or Aamna Sharif, Whose Floral Kurti Will You Choose To Flaunt This Navaratri?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
The Kia Sonet variants, dimensions, engine and transmission option details have been leaked ahead of its launch in the Indian market. The Sonet will be the brand's third product in the country and will be made in India for other international markets as well.
According to the latest report from Rushlane, the company is will be offering the Sonet with two petrol and two diesel engine options. While the petrol engines vary in displacement, the diesel units will remain identical in cubic capacity. However, it will feature different turbo technology.
The 1.5-litre diesel engines will feature a (WGT) Waste-Gate Turbo and a (VGT) Variable Geometry Turbo. The latter being the superior technology will produce more power. The 1.5-litre WGT and VGT engines will produce 99bhp/240Nm and 114bhp/250Nm, respectively.
The diesel with WGT engine will be offered with a standard six-speed manual transmission, while the top-spec VGT equipped unit will come mated to a six-speed torque converter automatic.
Coming to the petrol powertrains, customers will have the option to choose between a 1.2-litre non-turbocharged engine and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit. The 1.2-litre unit produces 84bhp and 115Nm of torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed manual.
While the top-spec 1.0-litre unit produces 119bhp and 172Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to either a seven-speed DCT or a six-speed (iMT) intelligent Manual Transmission, as seen on the Hyundai Venue.
Moving to the Sonet's dimensions, the compact SUV is 3995mm long, 1790mm wide, 1647mm tall and features a wheelbase of 2500mm. It sits 211mm above the ground, giving it good ground clearance. It features a boot space of 392 litres.
Kia Motors is offering the Sonet with a host of paint schemes. A total of 8 colours have been revealed from the report. This includes Beige Gold, Intelligency Blue, Aurora Black Pearl, Glacier White Pearl, Gravity Grey, Intense Red, Steel Silver and Clear White.
It will also be offered with an orange paint scheme, which could be exclusive to top-trims. The Sonet will be offered with dual-tone paint options as well, and will is expected to be available in mid-specs trims levels as well.
Speaking of trims levels it will be offered in GT line and Tech line variants. However, both trim levels will have a host of sub-trim levels as well. The HTX+ and the GTX+ will be the top sub-trims and both will be offered with top-spec petrol and diesel engines.
The company has packed the Sonet with many segment-first features including a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, world's first virus protection smart air purifier, Bose premium audio system, and front parking sensors; among others.
Thoughts About The Kia Sonet Variants, Dimensions & Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch
Kia Motors will be offering the Sonet with multiple engine transmission and colour options when launched in the Indian market. These options will be well packed across a wide variety of trims levels that will be offered by the company. The company aims to offer its customers multiple options to choose and suits according to their needs.