- 24 min ago KTM Duke 390 Engine Case Breaks Open Completely While Riding: Watch Video Here!
- 3 hrs ago Independence Day: First President Of India To Use An S-Class Limousine & The Cars Used Before
- 4 hrs ago KTM 250 Adventure Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 5 hrs ago 2020 Toyota Fortuner TRD Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 34.98 Lakh
- News Delhi: Two days after 12-year-old raped, one person held
- Sports Bihar cricket mess: Players yet to get TA/DA and match fees of last season, Verma writes to Shah
- Movies Sameer Sharma Had Shared A Powerful Post On Mental Health After Sushant Singh Rajput’s Death
- Technology Oppo A52 Arrives With New Configuration In India: Price And Sale Details
- Lifestyle Sanjana Sanghi And Amyra Dastur Will Inspire You To Up Your Look With Blue Outfits This Monsoon
- Finance Vodafone Idea Reports Massive Loss Of Rs 25,460.2 Crore For Apr-June
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit Near Delhi In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Kia Motors is all set to globally unveil the production-ready Sonet compact-SUV on the 7th of August 2020. Ahead of its world premiere, the Kia Sonet production-ready SUV has been spotted a multiple number of times, undergoing testing.
However, the most recent spy pics of the Kia Sonet released by Zigwheels give us the clearest glimpse of the production-ready SUV. The spy pics showcase the Sonet test mule with comparatively less camouflage as seen previously.
The images clearly reveal the front and rear design of the Sonet, including the LED projector headlamps with the integrated LED DRLs and the signature ‘tiger-nose' grille at the front. The front bumper also comes with a large air intake and scuff plates at the centre. However, the SUV does miss out on fog lamps, which indicates this could be a mid-spec variant of the SUV.
This is further proved by the alloy wheel design, which misses out on the dual-tone nature seen on most other test mules as well as all other teasers released till date. Moving to the rear profile, the SUV can be seen sporting LED taillamps with an LED light bar running across the boot-lid. Overall, the Kia Sonet features a rather sporty and aggressive design, which could offer some serious competition.
Apart from the exterior design, the Kia Sonet is also expected to feature an extremely premium cabin as well. The Sonet will take design cues and components from both its elder sibling, the Seltos and its cousin, the Hyundai Venue.
The interiors will also come packed with features and equipment. These include a large infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and UVO Connected car technology, electric sunroof, automatic climate control and a host of others.
The Kia Sonet will mechanically be identical to its cousin, the Hyundai Venue. The Sonet compact-SUV will carry forward the same set of engine and transmission options as well. This includes a 1.2-litre NA petrol, 1.0-litre turbo-petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel.
Transmission options will come in the form of either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DCT automatic. Kia could also offer the Sonet with Hyundai's recently introduced iMT gearbox as well.
Thoughts On The Kia Sonet Production-Ready SUV Spied Testing
The Kia Sonet is one of the most-awaited compact sub-4-metre SUVs in the Indian market. Once launched in India, it will be the brand's third model to go on sale and the second ‘made-in-India' offering as well.
The Kia Sonet will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon, along with the upcoming Renault Kiger and Nissan Magnite as well. Pricing for the SUV will be competitive, around the Rs 8 - 12 lakh, ex-showroom range.