- 6 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 24 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News 1,256 cases of illegal trading, poaching of wildlife recorded from 2017 to 2019: Centre
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Pro Special Edition India Launch Set On September 24: Report
- Sports IPL 2020: Kings XI Punjab ropes in a range of sponsors
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Called Uneducated By Meena Kumari’s Step-son; 'She Inflicted Trauma On Our Family'
- Lifestyle India Couture Week 2020: Our Favourite 5 Bridal Wear Picks From Suneet Varma’s Stellar Collection
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
The Kia Sonet will be launching soon in the Indian market. The automaker has unveiled the car to the world, showcasing all of its design, features and other details. The upcoming compact-SUV has been spotted several times ahead of launch.
Latest spy images from Autocar India, reveals the Sonet in a new grey paint scheme. The SUV spied could be a mid variant Techline model. It does not feature the red accents that are seen on the GT line variants.
The mid-spec variant is expected to feature a different headlight set up as compared to the all-LED unit seen on top-specs models. The hardware could get downgraded to single projector units on the mid-spec variant. It also misses out on features like a fog lamp along with the front grille getting a different finish.
The new grey paint scheme could also be a dual-tone colour as the spy images reveal ORVMs finished in white. This could mean that the dual-tone option could be offered with mid-specs variants as well.
Some of the other difference noticed includes non-LED taillamps, however, it does feature the connecting reflector bar. It also misses out on features like rear windscreen wiper and washer in this variant.
The Sonet has been spotted several times, mostly in its GT Line variant. The SUV was recently spotted testing in Bangalore, right after its world premiere. The test mule spotted was without camouflage and features a new paint scheme, which was not revealed at the time of the unveil — here are more details.
The company has packed the Sonet with many segment-first features including a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, world's first virus protection smart air purifier, Bose premium audio system, and front parking sensors; among others.
Kia Motors offering the Sonet with multiple powertrain options that are currently powering the Hyundai Venue. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol engine, a 1.5 diesel oil burner, and a 1.0 turbo-petrol motor. With a wide variety of engines, the company is also offering the SUV with various transmissions.
Transmission options include the 1.2-litre petrol to come mated to a five-speed manual and the 1.5-litre diesel to come mated to a six-speed manual with an optional torque converter. While the top-spec 1.0-litre turbo engine will be offered with either a six-speed iMT or a seven-speed DCT.
Thoughts About The Kia Sonet Mid-Spec Variant SUV Spotted Ahead Of Launch
Kia Motors has packed the SUV with a host of features, an appealing design and plenty of engine and transmission options. With production models being spotted across the country, the launch of the compact-SUV could happen soon. Once launched, it will rival the Hyundai Venue and the upcoming Nissan Magnite in the market.