- 10 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 & Burgman Street BS6 Scooters Prices Hiked: Here Is The New Price List
- 10 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 88.80 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago BMW Motorrad Dealerships Reopens: Resumes Retail Operations After Lockdown Eased
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Creta Sales Beats Maruti Suzuki For The First Time: New Best-Selling Car In May 2020
- Technology Buying Guide: Best Budget Smartphones Available In India In June 2020
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor And Athiya Shetty Express Fury Over Killing Of Pregnant Elephant With Firecrackers
- News Cyclone Nisarga: Mumbai on alert; 110 KPH winds, 6 feet waves expected
- Sports Root could miss first Test of behind-closed-doors Windies series
- Finance Reliance Industries Rights Issue Becomes World's Biggest By Non-Finance Co In 10 Years
- Lifestyle Are There Any Harmful Effects Of Staying Indoors On Your Skin?
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
India, just like most nations, is currently observing a lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Most of the businesses across sectors have either shut or slowed down and as far as the automobile industry is concerned, all the launches have been delayed until further notice. Now, due to the COVID-19 situation, the launch of the Kia Sonet could be delayed until October, which is the festive season.
However, the Sonet was snapped testing by Rushlane at the company's manufacturing facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. As seen in the spy pictures, the car is under heavy wraps and is still in its early stages of production. The shots revealed a new alloy wheel design different from the one showcased at the Auto Expo. It is also seen that the Sonet gets silver roof rails and silver ORVMs. However, the other test mule does not get the roof rails and diamond-cut wheels, which indicated that it could be a lower variant.
The Sonet is expected to get similar aesthetics as its larger sibling the Kia Seltos. However, if one looks closely at the interior of the spy shots, there is a long panoramic panel housing the touchscreen infotainment system and driver's instrumentation.
Since the Sonet shares its platform with Hyundai's Venue we are expecting the Sonet to get the same engine options. A 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine, a 1.0-litre turbo petrol unit and a 1.5-litre oil burner pumping out 82bhp and 114Nm, 118bhp and 172Nm, and 99bhp and 240Nm respectively.
We are expecting the Sonet's base model to carry a price tag upwards of the Rs 7 lakh mark (ex-showroom). However, once the car is launched it will go up against the likes of the Mahindra XUV300, Ford EcoSport, Mahindra TUV300, Renault Duster and the Tata Nexon.
Thoughts on the Kia Sonet
Kia had showcased a number of cars at the recent Auto Expo, but the center stage was taken by the Kia Sonet. We hope that Kia launches the Sonet soon as we are eagerly waiting to get our hands on the sub-4 metre SUV.