- 9 min ago Bounce Electric Scooter Approved By Government: Test Ride Registrations Begin
- 45 min ago New Mahindra Thar Waiting Period On The Rise: Demand Higher Than Initial Company Expectations
- 3 hrs ago Window Tint Transparency & IND Number Plate Confusion Cleared: Confirmed By Government Officials
- 3 hrs ago BMW X5 M Competition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.94 Crore
- Sports India vs Australia: Sourav Ganguly to talk to CA to discuss quarantine rule for Rohit Sharma and Ishant Sharma: Report
- Technology Vivo V21 Series Reportedly In Works; Launch Tipped For February 2021
- News Haryana Home Minister Anil Vij sets up 3-member drafting committee to frame law on love jihad
- Movies Allu Arjun’s Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo Fails To Beat Mahesh Babu’s Sarileru Neekevvaru In TRP Race
- Finance Nifty Tops 12987, Sensex Gains 431 Points; Nifty Metal Shines On Expiry Day
- Lifestyle Tamannaah Bhatia, Bhumi Pednekar, And Anushka Sharma Give Us Summer Dress Goals
- Education CSEET Result 2020: ICSI Releases CS Executive Entrance Test CSEET November 2020 Result
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
Kia Motors introduced the Sonet SUV in the Indian market back on the 18th of September 2020. The Kia Sonet went on sale immediately and in 12 days of its launch has managed to register 9,266 units of sales in the Indian market during the month of September 2020.
The Kia Sonet SUV is the brand's latest model to be introduced in India and is also the new entry-level offering as well. The Kia Sonet sits below the brand's Seltos SUV in the lineup and is offered with a price range between Rs 6.71 lakh and Rs 12.89 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The Kia Sonet SUV has now also taken over the reigns as the new segment-leader, overtaking the sales figures of its main rival, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. The compact-SUV from Maruti Suzuki lost out to the Sonet by a little over 100 units, registering 9,153 SUVs in the previous month.
The Kia Sonet has an advantage over its rivals, as the new-entrant comes with a wide range of variant options, all of which are packed with features and equipment. The Kia Sonet is offered in a range of six variants, all six are offered with both petrol and diesel engine options, along with multiple transmission choices as well.
To reiterate, the Kia Sonet is offered with two petrol and one diesel engine. The petrol engine options include a 1.2-litre NA and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol. The 1.2-litre petrol produces 83bhp and 113Nm of peak torque and is mated to a five-speed manual. The 1.0-litre T-GDi unit churns out 120bhp and 172Nm of peak torque and is mated to either a six-speed iMT or a seven-speed DCT automatic gearbox.
There is also a 1.5-litre diesel engine on offer, in two state-of-tunes. The lower state produced 110bhp and 240Nm of torque mated to a six-speed manual, while the higher-tuned unit churns out 115bhp and 250Nm of torque and comes with a standard six-speed automatic transmission.
Comparing this to the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the SUV is offered with a single 1.5-litre K-series petrol engine producing 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque, mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic gearbox.
Other rivals of the Kia Sonet, also include the Hyundai Venue which also recorded comparatively lower sales figures last month. The Kia Sonet also beat the likes of the Tata Nexon, Ford EcoSport and Mahindra XUV300; among others.
Thoughts On The Kia Sonet Sales Figures For September 2020
The Kia Sonet seems to be off to a flying start. The Sonet has managed to beat all its rivals in the segment, with just half a month of sales, it will now be interesting to see how the sales figures will reflect in the month of October 2020.