- 4 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: All The Two-Wheeler Highlights From The Week Passed By!
- 21 hrs ago KTM 250 Adventure Vs 390 Adventure: Which Of The Siblings Should You Consider?
- 23 hrs ago MoRTH: Only BIS-Certified Helmets (With ISI Mark) To Be Sold In India From 1st Of June 2021
- 1 day ago Ather 450 Electric Scooter Discontinued: Also Introduces Pre-Owned Vehicle Sales Program
- Sports India vs Australia 2nd ODI: Steve Smith hundred leads Aussies to 389 for 4
- News UP registers first case under new anti-conversion law in Bareilly district
- Finance Burger King IPO: Should You Invest?
- Technology Last Lunar Eclipse Of 2020: How To Watch November Lunar Eclipse
- Lifestyle Lady Gaga’s Exotic Make-Up Look Marked By Three Eye Shadow Colours Is Striking!
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 4: Jabardasth Avinash To Bid Goodbye To Nagarjuna Akkineni’s Show?
- Education MHT CET Topper 2020: Explore Topper Of MHT CET 2020 PCB And PCM
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In December
Kia Motors India introduced their all-new Sonet compact-SUV in the country earlier this year. The new Kia Sonet is offered with a price tag of Rs 6.71 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). With deliveries now having started for the compact-SUV, a customer in Bangalore seems to have tastefully modified his new Sonet.
As seen from the images shared by Prashanth Swaminathan/Facebook, the modified Sonet SUV can be seen covered in Satin Black wrap from Avery Dennison.
Along with the wrap, all the chrome bits on the Sonet, including the knurled front grille, exterior door handles and the silver-finished roof rails have been painted in Gloss Black paint scheme. The owner of the modified Sonet has also gone ahead and fitted the SUV with a new set of 16-inch GTR Pro alloy wheels also finished in black, completing the exterior look.
The owner took delivery of his Kia Sonet on the 30th of September and sent it straight into modification. The modified SUV is based on the brand's HTX variant, powered by a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine mated to a six-speed iMT transmission. The engine produces 120bhp and 172Nm of peak torque, making it a powerful offering in the segment.
Coming to the interiors, Prashanth has stated in the comments that the cabin has also been blacked out. However, there are currently no images which showcase the changes/updates inside.
The Kia Sonet HTX variant comes packed with features and equipment. The HTX is the mid-spec variant in the Sonet's Tech-line trim level. The price for the Sonet HTX variant starts from Rs 9.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Kia Sonet has been received extremely well in the Indian market. Recently the company announced that the SUV has already received over 50,000 units of bookings since its launch. Kia also confirmed that within 12 days of its launch, the Sonet registered over 9000 units of sales, making it the best-selling compact-SUV in the country.
Thoughts On The Kia Sonet Modified
The modified Kia Sonet definitely looks menacing in the full-black scheme. The muscular lines, creases and the sporty design, further add to the SUVs appearance. We feel that the modifications made to the Sonet are tastefully done and we definitely like it!