- 9 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 11 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Price Increase Expected In The Next Few Days: Here Are All Details
- 13 hrs ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- 18 hrs ago Top Car Launches In December 2020: Here Is The Entire List Of Cars Going On Sale In The Coming Weeks
- Finance Major Changes That Come Into Effect From December 1
- News GHMC: Voting begins, can BJP upstage TRS
- Sports India vs Australia: Finch expects Starc to bounce back quickly
- Movies Kollywood 2020: Top 5 Videos That Stole Our Hearts This Year!
- Lifestyle COVID-19 And Tuberculosis: Can TB Increase COVID Risk?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Technology Vi Revises Entry Level Family Postpaid Plans
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
Kia Motors India introduced their all-new Sonet compact-SUV in the country earlier this year. The new Kia Sonet is offered with a price tag of Rs 6.71 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). With deliveries now having started for the compact-SUV, a customer in Bangalore seems to have tastefully modified his new Sonet.
As seen from the images shared by Prashanth Swaminathan/Facebook, the modified Sonet SUV can be seen covered in Satin Black wrap from Avery Dennison.
Along with the wrap, all the chrome bits on the Sonet, including the knurled front grille, exterior door handles and the silver-finished roof rails have been painted in Gloss Black paint scheme. The owner of the modified Sonet has also gone ahead and fitted the SUV with a new set of 16-inch GTR Pro alloy wheels also finished in black, completing the exterior look.
The owner took delivery of his Kia Sonet on the 30th of September and sent it straight into modification. The modified SUV is based on the brand's HTX variant, powered by a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine mated to a six-speed iMT transmission. The engine produces 120bhp and 172Nm of peak torque, making it a powerful offering in the segment.
Coming to the interiors, Prashanth has stated in the comments that the cabin has also been blacked out. However, there are currently no images which showcase the changes/updates inside.
The Kia Sonet HTX variant comes packed with features and equipment. The HTX is the mid-spec variant in the Sonet's Tech-line trim level. The price for the Sonet HTX variant starts from Rs 9.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Kia Sonet has been received extremely well in the Indian market. Recently the company announced that the SUV has already received over 50,000 units of bookings since its launch. Kia also confirmed that within 12 days of its launch, the Sonet registered over 9000 units of sales, making it the best-selling compact-SUV in the country.
Thoughts On The Kia Sonet Modified
The modified Kia Sonet definitely looks menacing in the full-black scheme. The muscular lines, creases and the sporty design, further add to the SUVs appearance. We feel that the modifications made to the Sonet are tastefully done and we definitely like it!