- 4 min ago Kia Sonet Becomes Best-Selling Compact-SUV In India: Company Registers 50% Monthly Growth
- 54 min ago 2021 Dakar Rally Route Revealed: Here Are All Details Of The Upcoming Race
- 59 min ago Yamaha FZS-Fi Vintage Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.09 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Castrol Launches Power1 Ultimate Fully-Synthetic Two-Wheeler Engine Oil
- Technology How to Extract Zip File
- News Our internal issue says Shiv Sena leader on Trudeau’s remarks on farmer protests
- Movies Karan Johar Has Epic Response To Being Called ‘The Favourite Wife' In Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives
- Sports Conte's rotten win rate, Mane in need of a goal – Champions League in Opta numbers
- Education UGC NET Result 2020: NTA Declares UGC NET Result June 2020 Score At ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Finance Tech Mahindra Shares Hit 52-Week High On Rating Upgrade
- Lifestyle World Aids Day 2020: Diagnosis, Treatments And Management Of HIV Infection During Pregnancy
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
Kia Motors India introduced their all-new Sonet compact-SUV in the country earlier this year. The new Kia Sonet is offered with a price tag of Rs 6.71 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). With deliveries now having started for the compact-SUV, a customer in Bangalore seems to have tastefully modified his new Sonet.
As seen from the images shared by Prashanth Swaminathan/Facebook, the modified Sonet SUV can be seen covered in Satin Black wrap from Avery Dennison.
Along with the wrap, all the chrome bits on the Sonet, including the knurled front grille, exterior door handles and the silver-finished roof rails have been painted in Gloss Black paint scheme. The owner of the modified Sonet has also gone ahead and fitted the SUV with a new set of 16-inch GTR Pro alloy wheels also finished in black, completing the exterior look.
The owner took delivery of his Kia Sonet on the 30th of September and sent it straight into modification. The modified SUV is based on the brand's HTX variant, powered by a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine mated to a six-speed iMT transmission. The engine produces 120bhp and 172Nm of peak torque, making it a powerful offering in the segment.
Coming to the interiors, Prashanth has stated in the comments that the cabin has also been blacked out. However, there are currently no images which showcase the changes/updates inside.
The Kia Sonet HTX variant comes packed with features and equipment. The HTX is the mid-spec variant in the Sonet's Tech-line trim level. The price for the Sonet HTX variant starts from Rs 9.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Kia Sonet has been received extremely well in the Indian market. Recently the company announced that the SUV has already received over 50,000 units of bookings since its launch. Kia also confirmed that within 12 days of its launch, the Sonet registered over 9000 units of sales, making it the best-selling compact-SUV in the country.
Thoughts On The Kia Sonet Modified
The modified Kia Sonet definitely looks menacing in the full-black scheme. The muscular lines, creases and the sporty design, further add to the SUVs appearance. We feel that the modifications made to the Sonet are tastefully done and we definitely like it!