- 2 hrs ago Independence Day: First President Of India To Use An S-Class Limousine & The Cars Used Before
- 2 hrs ago KTM 250 Adventure Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago 2020 Toyota Fortuner TRD Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 34.98 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo Goes On Sale In India: Prices For The Supercar Start From Rs 4.02 Crore
- Movies Sanya Malhotra Shoots For A Brand As The Lockdown Eases
- Sports English Premier League reverts to maximum 3 substitutions
- News ED questions staffer working at Sushant Singh Rajput's house
- Technology Laptops Offers And Discounts During Flipkart Big Savings Days Sale
- Lifestyle Sanjana Sanghi And Amyra Dastur Will Inspire You To Up Your Look With Blue Outfits This Monsoon
- Finance Vodafone Idea Reports Massive Loss Of Rs 25,460.2 Crore For Apr-June
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit Near Delhi In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The demand for SUVs has seen a substantial increase across the world, mostly because of the practicality it offers. The compact-SUV segment is one among the most competitive space in the Indian market and is getting added with new models soon.
The soon-to-be-launch Kia Sonet is expected to be the latest entrant to the segment. The company has also listed the compact-SUV on its official Indian website ahead of launch. Kia will be premiering the Sonet on August 7, 2020, globally.
The SUV is expected to go on sale sometime during this year's festive season in India. Ahead of its launch, the company has teased the SUV revealing some of its features. However, the Sonet has also been spied testing recently revealing more features expected with the SUV — here are all details.
Starting with the design, the upcoming Sonet will feature the brand's signature tiger-nose grille, LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs, and faux skid plates at both ends. At the rear, it will feature split-tail lamps with an LED light bar running across the boot-lid along with an integrated roof spoiler and an LED stop lamp.
On the side, it will come equipped with dual-tone alloy wheels, roof rails and chunky body cladding around. The SUV is expected to feature an imposing SUV stance with an aggressive-looking front fascia.
On the inside, Kia is expected to pack the SUV with a host of features including the best-in-class 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system. It will support Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's latest iteration of UVO connected features as well.
Other features that are expected to come equipped with the SUV includes rear aircon vents, multiple drive modes, a premium sound system, a sunroof, a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls and more. The Sonet will also feature a blind spot monitoring system, multiple airbags, ABS and other standard safety features.
Kia Motors is expected to offer the Sonet with multiple powertrain options that are currently powering the Hyundai Venue. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol engine, a 1.5 diesel oil burner, and a 1.0 turbo-petrol motor. With a wide variety of engines, the company is also offering the SUV with various transmissions.
All three engines are expected to be offered with manual and automatic options. The 1.2-litre petrol will come mated to a five-speed manual or an iVT automatic. The 1.5-litre diesel will come mated to a six-speed manual with an optional torque converter. While the top-spec 1.0-litre turbo engine will be offered with either an iMT or a seven-speed DCT.
Thoughts About The Kia Sonet Listed On Official Website Ahead Of India Launch
The Kia Sonet is expected to be a feature-packed SUV much like the other model in the brand's line-up. The South Korean automaker has enjoyed the success of the Seltos and the Carnival MPV, which has brought in good numbers for the brand. The Sonet is expected to carry the same momentum in sales for the brand in India.