- 2 hrs ago Premium Hatchback Sales In April 2021: Tata Altroz Outsells Hyundai i20
- 2 hrs ago Renault Offers & Discounts In May 2021: Benefits On Renault Kiger, Kwid, Duster & Triber
- 3 hrs ago Honda Has Announced A Cashback Offer On The Purchase Of An Activa 6G: Read More!
- 4 hrs ago KTM Is Working On A New Range Of 750CC Motorcycles: Here Are All The Details!
- News Karnataka government announces package rates for COVID-19 patients
- Sports Saina, Srikanth's Olympics hopes hit as Indian team's Malaysian Open participation in doubt
- Movies Vaani Kapoor: I Can't Walk Up To Shah Rukh Khan And Start A Conversation On My Own; I Don't Get Star-Struck
- Finance Covid 19 Death In Family: 4 Probable Insurance Covers You Can Claim Against
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In May
- Education Google CEO Sundar Pichai Lays Out ‘Hybrid’ Workplace Model, 20% Staff To Permanently Work From Home
- Lifestyle Mother’s Day 2021: Health Tips For New Moms With Diabetes
- Technology Oppo K9 5G With 90Hz Display, 65W Fast Charging Goes Official; Price, Features
The Kia Sonet interiors have been spied ahead of its launch in India. The company is expected to launch the Kia Sonet compact-SUV in the India market by August 2020.
The images leaked on Autocar India Forum reveal that the compact-SUV will feature a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, and a 10.25-inch floating-type touchscreen system mounted at the centre of the dashboard.
The images also reveal the compact-SUV will feature a six-speed manual transmission, dual-tone seat fabric, and a centre armrest placed in the front. Apart from these, the Kia Sonet is also expected to borrow most features from its elder sibling in the company's line-up, the Seltos SUV. These include the company's latest UVO smart connected technology, leather upholstery, a sunroof and a fully digital instrument cluster.
The Kia Sonet measures under four meters in length and will be the smallest SUV made by the company. The compact-SUV features the company's signature tiger-nose grille with sleek looking headlamps and tail lamps. The Sonet also features chunky body claddings and bold crease lines giving it muscular looks.
Kia Motors is expected to offer a host of powertrain options on the upcoming Sonet. These include a 1.2-litre petrol engine, a 1.5 diesel oil burner, and a 1.0 turbo-petrol motor. The transmission options include both manual and automatic gearboxes offered on the 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel engine. However, the 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine is expected to be offered with a seven-speed DCT.
The Kia Sonet concept was first showcased at the 2020 AutoExpo by the company and has created a huge buzz ever since. The Kia Sonet is being extensively tested in India, and completely camouflaged test-mules of the upcoming compact-SUV have been spied testing several times in the country — here are more details.
Once launched the Kia Sonet will rival the Tata Nexon, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Hyundai Venue, the Mahindra XUV300, and the Ford EcoSport. The Sonet is expected to come feature-packed and offered with multiple variants to choose from.
In related news, the Kia Seltos still leads the mid-size SUV segment and has outsold the recently launched Hyundai Creta — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Kia Sonet Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch
With the launch of the Kia Sonet, the brand is expected to strengthen its presence in the country. The Sonet is expected to be offered with a host of powertrain options to suit every needs of the buyer in the segment. The Sonet will primarily rival the Hyundai Venue which has a proven track record with sales numbers in the Indian market.