- 7 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 8 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 22 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Sports IPL 2020: Chennai Super Kings to organise a week's training camp at Chepauk; MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina to attend
- News Asked if I am Indian for not speaking in Hindi at airport: DMK'sKanimozhi
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Movies Sushant Singh Case: Father KK Singh Files Counter Affidavit Before SC Against Rhea Chakraborty
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Kia Motors will finally be unveiling one of their most-awaited models, the Sonet globally very soon. The World Premiere of the Kia Sonet compact-SUV will take place on the 7th of August, 2020.
The Kia Sonet world premiere will take place in India, similar to its larger sibling, the Seltos. Once unveiled globally, the sub-4-metre compact-SUV offering will go on sale in the Indian market either by the end of the same month or the starting of September. The world premiere will, however, follow the trend and be unveiled via a live virtual conference.
Once introduced in India, the Kia Sonet will be the third model from the South Korean carmaker in the country. It follows the Seltos and Carnival, both of which have been received extremely well in the Indian market. The Sonet will be positioned as the brand's latest entry-level offering, placed below the Seltos in Kia Motors' India lineup.
The Sonet will also be positioned in the highly-competitive compact-SUV segment in the Indian market. Once introduced, it will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon and the Mahindra XUV300. The Sonet will be manufactured at the company's facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh, alongside the Seltos and Carnival.
The concept of the Kia Sonet was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. The unveiling at the Expo earlier this year, created a huge hype for the compact-SUV. Kia Motors is expected to carry forward most of the design elements onto the production-spec version as well, similar to what they did with the SP2 concept (Seltos).
The compact-SUV will also come with a host of features and equipment, giving it an extremely sporty and premium appeal in the segment. This includes the brand's UVO connect technology, wireless charging, large infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, ventilated seats, push-button start/stop and many more.
Powertrain is set to be borrowed from its cousin, the Hyundai Venue. This includes the same set of petrol and diesel engines, 1.0-litre turbo-petrol, 1.2-litre NA petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel units. The engines will also come with multiple gearbox options, including a standard six-speed manual, seven-speed DCT and the latest IMT (Intelligent Manual Transmission); recently introduced on the Hyundai Venue.
Thoughts On The Kia Sonet World Premiere Taking Place In India
The global unveiling of the much-awaited Kia Sonet is finally here. Following the success of the Seltos and the Carnival, the Sonet has quickly become one of the most-anticipated compact-SUVs in the country, ever since its concept was unveiled at the Auto Expo. Kia Motors will be hoping to receive the same success with the Sonet as the Seltos, if not more.