- 31 min ago Maruti Suzuki Dispatches 6.70 Lakh Cars Via Indian Railways In Over Six Years
- 49 min ago Maruti WagonR Electric Hatchback Spied Testing Once Again In India
- 1 hr ago BS4 Vehicles Sold After March 31 Deadline Cannot Be Registered Says Supreme Court
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kamiq Snapped Testing Once Again In India: Here's Everything You Need To Know
- Finance Yes Bank's FPO Worth Rs 15,000 Crore To Open On 15 July
- Sports CPL 2020: Full squad of six teams after players draft
- Technology Diksha App Download: How to Download, Install and Use Diksha App in PC & Laptops
- News Congress slams Centre, says govt is silent on US deportation threat
- Movies David Schwimmer Wanted To Work With A More Diverse Cast On Friends
- Lifestyle Designer Neeta Lulla Shares Interesting Details About Sridevi’s Costumes In A Movie On Her Instagram
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
The Kia Sonet India launch timeline is on track and has not been affected due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. Kia is expected to launch the upcoming Sonet compact-SUV during the festive season this year.
Speaking to Autocar India, Manohar Bhat, Head - Sales and Marketing, Kia Motors India, stated that the launch timeline for the Sonet is on track despite the nation-wide lockdown announced in the country. However, any further extension can delay the launch of the compact-SUV in the Indian market.
He further stated that by launching a new model, Kia aims to attract customers to walk into the showrooms and recreate the buzz once the lockdown is completely lifted. Also, launching a new model during the festive season will help the brand to boost sales as people would be in a positive mind set. Additionally, it will also help the dealer and the working staff to boost their morale with a new product launch in the market as well.
The Kia Sonet will be the company's third product in the Indian market, which is based on the Hyundai Venue. Ahead of its launch, the compact-SUV was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo in its concept form. The Kia Sonet is being extensively tested in India, with completely camouflaged test-mules spied testing several times in the country — here are more details.
Speaking about the design of the Sonet, it will feature a bold stance with the brand's signature tiger nose grille, chunky body cladding, scuff plates, a LED light bar running across the bootlid and more. The compact-SUV is expected to look aggressive with imposing design and stand apart from its rivals.
On the inside, the Kia Sonet is expected to come equipped with more features than the Hyundai Venue, which is already a feature-rich SUV in the Indian market. Some of the interior features that are expected on the Sonet includes a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's UVO connected features, multiple drive modes, and a premium Bose sound system; among others.
Kia is expected to offer the Sonet with a host of powertrain options. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol engine, a 1.5 diesel oil burner, and a 1.0 turbo-petrol motor. The transmission options include both manual and automatic gearboxes offered on the 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel engine, with the 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine is expected to be offered with a seven-speed DCT. The Sonet is expected to be offered with an optional diesel-automatic, which is not available on the Hyundai Venue.
Once launched the Kia Sonet will rival the Tata Nexon, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Hyundai Venue, the Mahindra XUV300 and the Ford EcoSport. We expect the company to price the Sonet retailing around Rs 7 to 12 lakh (ex-showroom).
Thoughts About The Kia Sonet India Launch Timeline Unaffected Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
Most product launches have been delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19, which resulted in temporary suspension of business operations across the country. However, it is great to hear that the Sonet launch timeline is unaffected, as it is one of the most anticipated products in the Indian market for this year.