- 5 hrs ago Mercedes-AMG Cars To Be Made In India Starting With AMG GLC 43 Coupe
- 6 hrs ago New Helmet Rule Imposed In Karnataka: Revised Guidelines For Children On Two-Wheelers
- 8 hrs ago Gemopai Electric Scooters Discounts For October 2020: Festive Season Benefits Up To Rs 5,500
- 8 hrs ago New TVS Ntorq 125 ‘SuperSquad’ Edition Scooter Inspired By Avengers Characters: Priced At Rs 85,992
- Sports IPL 2020: DC vs KXIP: Match 38, mid-innings: Ton-up Shikhar Dhawan takes Delhi to 164/5 as other batters disappoint
- Finance Jio Begins Work On 5G With Qualcomm; Achieved Over 1 Gbps Speed In Trials
- Movies Anupam Kher Says Indian Cinema Can Be Termed As ‘Before’ And ‘After’ Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
- Lifestyle Lakme Fashion Week 2020 Opening Show: Kartik Aaryan Turns Muse For Manish Malhotra
- News Safety, well-being of all Indians priority of Modi govt: Amit Shah'
- Education UP Board Compartment Result 2020 Declared For Class 10th And Class 12th
- Technology Realme Narzo 20 Review: Fits The Budget Perfectly
- Travel Best Beaches To Visit In India In November
Kia Motors India have begun production of the Sonet compact-SUV at its manufacturing facility in India. The company has announced that it has rolled out the first example of the Sonet from the production line at its facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh.
The Kia Sonet is scheduled to launch on September 18, 2020, in India. The SUV will go on sale right after the launch and will also start reaching customers who have booked the SUV. The Sonet is open for pre-launch bookings prior to its launch.
The Sonet will be the brand's third product in the country and will be the second Made-in-India product for the brand after the Seltos. The company also confirmed that it will be exporting the compact-SUVs to other international markets from India.
The Kia Sonet has registered 6,523 units on the first day of its pre-launch bookings getting commenced in the country. It has already achieved a new milestone for the brand even before its launch in the market.
Once launched, the Kia Sonet will be placed in the highly competitive compact-SUV segment in India. As a result, the company is packing its compact-SUV with all the bells and whistle including a host of engine and transmission options to help compete against its rivals.
The company has packed the Sonet with many segment-first features including a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, world's first virus protection smart air purifier, Bose premium audio system, and front parking sensors; among others.
According to the latest report, the company will be offering the Sonet with two petrol and two diesel engine options. The petrol engines vary in displacement, with the 1.2-litre naturally aspirated unit and 1.0-litre turbo-charged petrol unit.
The 1.2-litre unit produces 84bhp and 115Nm of torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed manual. While the top-spec 1.0-litre unit produces 119bhp and 172Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to either a seven-speed DCT or a six-speed (iMT) intelligent Manual Transmission, as seen on the Hyundai Venue.
However, the diesel unit's will remain identical in terms of cubic capacity but will feature different turbo technology for varying power output. The 1.5-litre diesel engines will feature a (WGT) Waste-Gate Turbo and a (VGT) Variable Geometry Turbo. The 1.5-litre WGT produces 99bhp/240Nm of torque, while the superior VGT engine produces 114bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm.
The diesel with WGT engine will be offered with a standard six-speed manual transmission, while the top-spec VGT equipped unit will come mated to a six-speed torque converter automatic.
Thoughts About The Kia Sonet Compact-SUV Rolling Out Of Production Line
Kia Motors beginning production of the Sonet in India indicates that it could start delivering to customers right after the launch later this month. The Sonet has got off to a great start with impressive first-day booking numbers. The company aims to keep the momentum going with more bookings added in the coming days due to the ongoing festive season in the country.