- 31 min ago Hyundai Venue To Be Offered With iMT Clutchless Manual Transmission In India
- 43 min ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 1 hr ago All-New 2020 Fifth-Generation Honda City To Launch On July 15 In India
- 2 hrs ago Renault Kiger Snapped Testing Once Again Before Its India Launch
- Sports Aavishkar Salvi named head coach of Puducherry cricket team
- Finance IT Dept Makes Changes To Challan For Non-Resident E-Commerce Companies
- Movies Celebs Back Milap Zaveri For Lashing Out At Kamaal R Khan’s Hypocrisy On Sushant Singh Rajput
- Technology iQOO Z1x 5G Set To Debut On July 9: Another Mid-Range Gaming Handset?
- News Coronavirus: Complete lockdown in Bengaluru from 8 pm tonight till Monday morning
- Lifestyle 7 Interesting Things That May Happen On The Next Day Of Your Marriage
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Kia Motors India has confirmed that the Sonet SUV will be their third model in India, post the success of the Seltos and Carnival. The Kia Sonet SUV was showcased in its concept form at the 2020 Auto Expo and is scheduled to go on sale in India soon.
Kia Motors had previously announced that they intend to introduce new products aggressively in the Indian market. The company had stated that they would bring in one new product to the country, every six months.
With the first two products already introduced, the Sonet SUV will be the third model in the lineup. The new Kia Sonet will be positioned below the Seltos in the brand's lineup and will be part of the sub-4-metre compact-SUV segment in the Indian market.
Ahead of its launch in the Indian market, we answer some of the most frequently asked questions about the Kia Sonet SUV's entry into the country.
When is the Kia Sonet expected to launch in India?
Kia Motors is yet to officially announce a launch date for the Sonet compact-SUV in the Indian market. However, reports do suggest that the Sonet could go on sale sometime during the country's festive season, which is said to begin in a few months time.
What is the expected price range of the Kia Sonet SUV in India?
The Kia Sonet is said to be based on its cousin, the Hyundai Venue. Hence we expect the upcoming Sonet SUV to be priced in the same range of Rs 8 lakh to Rs 12 lakh, ex-showroom. However, the exact pricing will be announced at the time of launch of the SUV in the Indian market.
What are the specification & engine options on the Kia Sonet SUV?
The Kia Sonet is expected to borrow the same engines, which power the Hyundai Venue. This includes two petrol and one diesel engine options: 1.2-litre petrol, 1.0-litre turbo-petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel.
The 1.2-litre petrol will be a four-cylinder naturally-aspirated engine producing 83bhp, while the 1.0-litre engine comes in the form of a three-cylinder turbocharged unit churning out 120bhp. The diesel engine will be borrowed from its larger sibling, the Seltos, although Kia could detune the power figures for the Sonet.
Transmission options on the Kia Sonet will include a six-speed manual gearbox as standard, with the turbo-petrol engine receiving the optional automatic unit as well.
What are the features on the Kia Sonet SUV?
The Kia Sonet is expected to come packed with features and equipment. Although the exact list has not been announced, we do expect the SUV to come with LED headlamps, LED DRLs, LED taillights, signature tiger-nose grille with chrome accents, styling alloy wheels, large touchscreen infotainment system with Kia's UVO connected technology, ventilated seats, wireless charging, cruise control, premium seat upholstery, electric sunroof, large boot space and many more.
The Kia Sonet will also come packed with a host of safety equipment as well. This includes multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, reverse parking camera/sensors, high-speed warning, seat-belt reminder and many more.
What are the rivals to the Kia Sonet SUV in India?
The Kia Sonet once launched in India will be positioned in the sub 4-metre compact-SUV segment. The Sonet will take on rivals such as the Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Mahindra XUV300, Tata Nexon and the Ford Ecosport; among a few others.
What about bookings and delivery details for the Kia Sonet?
Kia Motors is yet to announce any information regarding bookings for the Sonet in India. Bookings is expected to begin a couple of weeks ahead of the SUV's launch in the Indian market, with deliveries slated to begin after.
Thoughts About The Kia Sonet SUV For The Indian Market
The Kia Sonet SUV is one of the much-awaited compact-SUV in the Indian market. The company hopes that the Sonet will bring in the same success and response as the Seltos, probably even more.