- 7 hrs ago Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
- 8 hrs ago Renault Car Discounts & Year-End Benefits: Special Offers Of Up To Rs 70,000 Across All Models
- 11 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020 In India: Suzuki Motorcycle Records Over 64,000 Units Sales
- 11 hrs ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Hyundai Registers 9.4% Growth In Terms Of Domestic Yearly Sales
- News No outside person allowed to interfere in India's internal issues, says farmer leader
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 December 2 Highlights: Jasmin Is Devastated As Aly Exits House; Kavita Walks Out Leaving Everyone Shocked
- Education Career Point Star Scholarship 2020: Check Registration And Exam Pattern
- Sports India vs Australia: Switch-hit is within laws, part of game's evolution: Maxwell
- Finance Nearly 40 Small And Midcap Stock Ideas To Create Wealth In The Long Term
- Lifestyle Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
Kia Motors India has announced that it has received over 50,000 bookings for the Sonet in the Indian market. The compact-SUV from the brand has achieved a new milestone mark within just two months since the commencement of its pre-launch bookings on August 20.
Kia Motors has stated that it has received an average of two bookings every three minutes within the last two months. The company also stated that in September 2020, it dispatched around 9,266 units of the Sonet, making it the leader of the compact SUV segment within 12 days of launch.
According to the company, the Sonet's 1.0-litre and 1.2-litre petrol engines options cover 60 per cent of the total bookings received until now. This means over 30,000 Sonet customers have chosen the petrol powertrain. Rest of the customers chose the 1.5 CRDi diesel powertrain.
The company further added, "Despite challenging conditions caused by COVID-19 disruptions, Kia Motors India has not only delivered the Sonet as per promised timelines but has also ensured uninterrupted production at its Anantapur plant to meet enthusiastic customer demand."
The Kia Sonet was launched in India on September 18, 2020. The company has priced the compact-SUV between Rs 6.71 lakh and Rs 12.89 lakh, ex-showroom (India). We spent some time with the Sonet to bring you the first impressions of the compact-SUV — here are all details.
Kia Motors is offering the Sonet with a host of engine and transmission options. The 1.2-litre unit produces 84bhp and 115Nm of torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed manual. While the top-spec 1.0-litre unit produces 119bhp and 172Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to either a seven-speed DCT or a six-speed iMT.
On the other hand, the 1.5-litre diesel engine is available in two configurations: a (WGT) Waste-Gate Turbo and a (VGT) Variable Geometry Turbo. The 1.5-litre WGT produces 99bhp/240Nm of torque, while the superior VGT engine produces 114bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm. The diesel with WGT engine is offered with a standard six-speed manual transmission, while the top-spec VGT equipped unit comes mated to a six-speed torque converter automatic.
The Kia Sonet comes packed with a host of features including the brand's latest iteration of UVO connected technology with AI assistance. Some of the other highlighted features include wireless smartphone charger, an electric sunroof, a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment display, ABS with EBD, multiple airbags, roll-over mitigation, cruiser control, front and rear parking sensors and more.
The Kia Sonet will primarily rival the Hyundai Venue because of similarities in terms of features and powertrain options in both SUVs. However, the compact-SUV segment is loaded with other models such as the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon and the recently unveiled Nissan Magnite.
Thoughts About The Kia Sonet Bookings Crossing 50,000 Units Milestone Mark
Indian market is currently favouring the compact-SUV segment over sedan models mainly due to its practicality and ease of use offered from the vehicles. The Kia Sonet caters to the current market trend by featuring enhanced practicality and comes packed with features as well. As a result, the compact-SUV has managed to turn heads in the market.