- 6 hrs ago Yamaha Announces Special Finance Scheme For COVID-19 Frontline Warriors
- 6 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V2 India Launch Confirmed For August: Details And Expected Price
- 7 hrs ago Kia Motors Sells Over 50,000 Connected Cars In India: New UVO Connect Features Introduced
- 8 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer, Gixxer SF, And Gixxer MotoGP Edition Prices Increased: Details
- Movies Kangana Ranaut’s Team Replies To Pooja Bhatt; ‘She Is Not Who She Is Because Of Gangster’
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Is All Set To Rule The Fashion World And Here Is Proof!
- Sports BCCI president Sourav Ganguly claims Asia Cup 2020 is cancelled
- News Harvard, MIT sue Trump administration over new rule for foreign students: Report
- Technology Huawei Enjoy 20 Likely To Feature 48MP Triple-Camera Setup
- Finance Nifty Ends Lower After Six Straight Days Of Gains
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
The Kia Seltos is about to receive a few feature upgrades across its long list of variants. It will be receiving new updates to both interior and exterior of the SUV. With all the new upgrades the prices are expected to be increased slightly as well.
According to Autocar India, the upgrades will be pushed out to all the variants once the production operations reach 100 per cent capacity at the Kia's manufacturing plant in Anantapur. The upgraded Seltos is expected to roll out sometime during the second half of this year.
Before moving to the upgrades in details we should note that Kia is offering the Seltos in many variants with a host of engine and transmission options to choose from — 18 variants, 3 engines, and 4 transmission options.
Starting with the exterior upgrades, all the variants except the HTE and the HTK will feature a dual exhaust design on the rear bumper as seen on the higher variants of the Seltos. While the HTX and the HTX+ variants will receive metal scuff plates at both ends as seen on the GTX and GTX+ trims. The HTX and the GTX trims will be upgraded with a powered sunroof as well.
On the inside, all variants of the Seltos will feature USB charging for the first and second rows of seats and an emergency stop signal as standard. Other trim specific updates include the HTX and the GTX trims will feature LED cabin lights.
The HTX, HTX+, GTX and the GTX+ variants will get upgraded with faux metal garnish on the AC control panel as well as on door grab handles. While the entry-level variants such as the HTK+ will feature a faux leather finish on the gear knob and a gloss black finish on the dashboard.
In addition to this, Kia will also be upgrading their top-spec trim the GTX+. It will receive all-black interiors with red contrasting stitching giving a sporty look and feel to the cabin. Apart from this the connected technology on the HTK+, HTX, HTX+ and the GTX trims with automatic gearbox will be updated with a remote engine start option for added convenience.
This completes the list of upgrades expected over the next few months on the brand's best-selling SUV in India. Apart from the aforementioned upgrades, the Seltos will continue to carry forward all its features.
The Kia Seltos is offered with three engine options: a 1.5-litre petrol unit producing 115bhp and 144Nm of torque, a 1.5-litre diesel engine churning out 115bhp and 250Nm of torque, and a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol motor producing 140bhp and 242Nm of torque. All three comes mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
However, as a segment-first feature, the Seltos is offered with different automatic options depending on the engine. The 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine is offered with a 7-speed DCT automatic, while the 1.5-litre petrol and the diesel engines are being offered with a six-speed IVT, and a six-speed torque converter unit, respectively.
In related news, Kia Motors are gearing up to launch its third product in the Indian market, the Sonet compact-SUV. The upcoming Sonet is expected to be launched sometime during the festive season this year. Ahead of its launch some of the details have been revealed including engine and transmission options that are expected to be offered at the time of launch — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Kia Seltos Receiving Feature Upgrades Soon
Kia Motors is making sure that their best-selling SUV is not outshined by its newly launched rivals in the segment. As a result, the company will be making a couple of feature enhancements to make the Seltos more attractive to buyers in the segment. The Seltos has made a huge impact in the Indian market and with the future upgrades, the company aims to carry the same momentum.