- 10 min ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 15 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- 17 hrs ago MG ZS EV Bookings To Reopen On June 1: Will Be Introduced In Six New Cities
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Sobhita Dhulipala: Five Times The Diva Left Us Stunned With Her Unconventional Style
- News Through diplomatic channels and dialogue says Rajnath Singh on resolution with China
- Movies Sarkar Vaari Paata: Mahesh Babu To Announce Details Of His Next Film #SSMB27 At 9.09 AM Today!
- Technology Redmi Note 8, Redmi 8, Redmi 8A Dual Receive Price Hike In India
- Finance Motilal Oswal Sets 46% Upside Target On Shares Of Coal India
- Sports Coronavirus: Ten positive tests confirmed in Championship
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Kia Motors entered the Indian market back in August 2019, with the launch of the Seltos SUV. The Kia Seltos has now become the best-selling SUV in the country, registering an average of 15,000 units of sales month-on-month.
According to a 2019 sales report from Autopunditz, the Kia Seltos registered a total sales of 45,494 units between August to December. Among this, the company registered 24,920 units of sales from the petrol variants while the diesel sales accounted for the remaining 20,574 units.
This translates to the sales of the petrol variants accounting for just under 55% of the total sales volume. The reason behind the preference of the petrol-powered engines is mainly its availability. Customers also generally have a better acceptance of petrol-powered vehicles than diesel.
The Kia Seltos is also offered with two petrol engines, while there is only one diesel unit. The petrol engines offered on the SUV include a 1.5-litre and a 1.4-litre turbo. The standard 1.5-litre unit produces 115bhp and 144Nm of torque.
The 1.4-litre turbo-petrol churns out 140bhp and 242Nm of peak torque. Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the choice of a CVT for the 1.5-litre unit and DCT for the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine.
The diesel variants are powered by a single 1.5-litre unit, churning out the same 115bhp and 250Nm of torque. It also comes mated to a standard six-speed manual with the optional IVT automatic transmission unit.
The Kia Seltos is a mid-size SUV offering from the brand and comes with a host of features. The company also offers the Seltos is two generic trim-levels: Tech-Line and GT-Line. The Kia Seltos comes with a starting price of Rs 10 lakh, while the top-spec variants is priced at Rs 17 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos Petrol Vs Diesel Model Sales
The Kia Seltos is an extremely attractive looking SUV in the Indian market with sharp lines, host of features and strong-performing engines. The Kia Seltos rivals the likes of the MG Hector, Tata Harrier and the recently launched 2020 Hyundai Creta in the Indian market.