- 5 min ago Check This Beautifully Modified Premier Padmini: Read More To Find Out
- 7 min ago BMW Re-Launches 320d In India Starting At Rs 42.10 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- 42 min ago Honda City Outsells Hyundai Verna & Maruti Suzuki Ciaz In July 2020: Detailed Report
- 1 hr ago Tata HBX, Gravitas And Harrier Petrol Spotted Testing Together: Details & Specifications
- Movies Lokesh Kanagaraj To Direct Bilingual Film; Who’ll Star In It – Pawan Kalyan, Mahesh Babu Or Jr NTR?
- Technology OnePlus HydrogenOS 11 Launching On August 11; AOD Feature Expected
- Sports Badminton: India handed relatively easy draw in Thomas and Uber Cup Final
- Lifestyle Sanskrit Diwas 2020: Some Lesser Known Facts That Will Make Every Indian Feel Proud
- Finance Spencer's Retail Rights Issue Opens On 4 August: Details Here
- News On why CJI did not wear a helmet, Bhushan says didn’t notice bike was on a stand
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Kia Motors entered the Indian market back in August 2019 with the Seltos SUV. The Kia Seltos positioned in the mid-size SUV segment in India received an extremely overwhelming response and soon became the best-selling car in the country as well.
There were also rumours about Kia Motors working on an electric version of the Seltos SUV. Although with no confirmations, these remained to be just rumours. Now, IAB has released a document confirming the Kia Seltos electric SUV.
As seen from the document, the new Kia Seltos electric SUV is scheduled to have its global debut later this year. The Seltos electric SUV is also likely to go on sale only in the Chinese market, with no other international markets expected to receive the electric SUV as well.
According to reports, the new EV could be introduced in the Chinese market as the next-generation Kia KX3 EV. The current-generation KX3 EV model uses the underpinnings of the Hyundai Creta and comes powered by a 45.2kWh lithium-ion battery pack, It is mated to an electric motor producing 110bhp and 285Nm of peak torque.
The electric powertrain is said to offer a maximum range of around 300km on a single charge and reach a top speed of 150km/h.
Reports also suggest that the Kia Seltos EV once launched in the Chinese market could be introduced in two variants: Standard and Long-Range. This will be similar to its sibling, the Hyundai Kona EV.
Coming back to the Indian market, the Kia Seltos is offered with three engine options: two petrol and one diesel. This includes 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines, both producing 115bhp and a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol churning out 140bhp. All three engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual with varying automatic transmission units on offer.
The South Korean carmaker is currently working on introducing its third model in the Indian market, the Sonet. The Kia Sonet was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo and is scheduled to go on sale in the coming months. The Sonet will be the first compact-SUV offering from the brand and positioned below the Seltos in the Indian lineup.
Thoughts About The Kia Seltos Electric SUV
The Kia Seltos electric SUV has been confirmed for the Chinese market, as per the leaked documents. The electric version of the Kia Seltos entering the Indian market is extremely unlikely, although it wouldn't be such a bad idea.