- 2 hrs ago Kia Seltos To Recieve Feature Upgrades Soon: Expected Slight Hike In Pricing
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 19 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 21 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- Movies Pakistani Actress Uzma Khan Files Complaint After Being Assaulted By Realtor's Daughters And Gunmen
- Technology Now You Can Extend Validity Of Your Prepaid Plans By Paying Rs. 2
- News Grade A intel, seamless coordination: How Forces thwarted JeM’s attempt of another Pulwama strike
- Sports Brian Lara's son's batting grip reminds Sachin Tendulkar of his childhood days
- Lifestyle Hina Khan Exudes Comfy Vibes In Green-Blue Printed Separates And It’s Perfect For Workout Sessions
- Finance Brokers Cannot Use PoA As Margin Equivalent From 1 June
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
South Korean auto giant, Kia Motors Corporation is in the process of researching how it can use its manufacturing facility at China to produce face masks in light if the Covid-19 pandemic. The company however, has not committed towards a deadline.
Kia's statement comes after the government of China has reached out to, and encouraged auto manufacturers to produce face masks that are quickly becoming a luxury in the Covid-19 infested country.
The announcement follows Fiat Chrysler Automobiles who said last week that it was planning to use one of it's Asian facilities to produces face masks for healthcare workers, and is preparing to produce one million masks per month. Production is expected to begin in weeks.
Other auto manufacturers too have begun dialogues with multiple Governments for production of ventilators and other medical equipment that is the need of the hour. In fact, multiple Governments have reached out to Ferrari, Ford, General Motors, Nissan, and other manufactures to help with production of medical equipment.
Mahindra has started researching how it can use its manufacturing facilities to produce ventilators, and has started converting its resort properties into temporary healthcare facilities. German giants Volkswagen is currently researching using its 125 industrial 3D printers to manufacture ventilators needed to treat the fast-spreading disease.
Sports luxury car manufacturer, Porsche, is researching how they can contribute to relief efforts, while BMW said they were read to help with production when needed.
Swedish auto manufacturer, Volvo, requested Governments to coordinate their curfews and efforts in order to contain the deadly Coronavirus-19. The company supports and concurs that drastic measures will contain and eradicate the disease.
Thoughts About Kia Motors Researching Manufacture Of Face Masks In China
We think any form of help to contain Covid-19 is more than welcome, and are grateful to the Auto Industry for stepping up to fight. In fact, with a 21 day lock down announced across the globe (not all regions are on a 21 day lock down), most of the Industry have, and are using the opportunity to research and manufacture medical equipment. We think medical help will be here soon, at least as far as ventilators and other equipment is concerned.