- 21 min ago Ducati Multistrada 950 Gets A White Colour Scheme: India Launch Soon
- 1 hr ago Mercedes-Benz S-Class 2021 Models To Feature 12.8-Inch Touchscreen Infotainment System: Details
- 3 hrs ago Volkswagen & Skoda Auto Provides Mobile Clinic Van Providing Medical Services To Villages
- 15 hrs ago 2020 Vespa VXL & SXL Facelift Models Pre Bookings Commence Ahead Of Launch
- Movies Kangana Ranaut's Team Reacts To Pooja Bhatt's 'Proof' Video: She Wishes Patriarchy Ends
- Sports Michael Holding reveals the racism his parents faced
- News Two arms smugglers held with 10 country-made pistols in Rajasthan
- Technology Realme C11 India Launch Pegged For July 14: Expected Specifications
- Finance Mutual Fund Interest Is Slowing And It’s Worrisome
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor’s Statement Dresses Are Perfect For OOTD-worthy Moments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Kia Motors has announced the restart of production operations at their plant in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. The company has stated that they will first clear pending orders from domestic and export markets.
Kia Motors resumed operations of their plant on the 8th of May, 2020. The company will begin production in a single shift, with full operations set to resume only after the COVID-19 pandemic subsides.
The Anantapur facility of Kia Motors had remained closed since the 23rd of March, 2020 when the government announced a nationwide lockdown. Although the lockdown period has been extended, the central and state governments have relaxed the regulations slightly, allowing businesses to restart.
The restart of business operations in India, will also vastly help the country rebuild the economy, which has suffered a massive hit since the shutdown. As part of the lockdown relaxations, vehicle manufacturers are now allowed to restart partial operations, while still maintaining social distancing and safety protocols.
Kia Motors announced that they have resumed operations at both factory and dealership levels. The company has opened dealerships across all green zones in India. These dealerships will ensure the safety of both staff and customers, by strictly adhering to the guidelines announced by the government.
Kookhyun Shim, MD & CEO, Kia Motors India said,
"These are unprecedented conditions and we are committed to adapting to the new norms of the world while we work towards normalcy. Our initial focus is to keep our employees motivated, retain a positive outlook and deliver on our promises to our customers"
He further added, "Kia Motors India priorities are to clear pending orders for the best-selling Seltos and luxurious Carnival, and also to prepare the line for the eagerly anticipated compact SUV, Sonet. Our stakeholders, including suppliers and logistics partners, are all in-line with the current production and have assured us support in case we have to increase production volumes over the coming days."
Thoughts About Kia Motors Restarting Operations In India
Kia Motors currently has two products in the Indian market, the Seltos and the Carnival; both of which have been received extremely well in the country. The lockdown has had a massive hit in sales for all vehicle manufacturers, while also forcing auto brands to postpone multiple new product launches as well.