- 23 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 24 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Hunter Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Sports T20 World Cup should not be postponed in haste: Misbah-ul-Haq
- News For bicycle girl Jyoti, studying is the first priority
- Movies Eid 2020: Four Memorable Eid Releases That Bollywood Has Seen Over The Years
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The South Korean auto manufacturer Kia Motors, has introduced a new safety initiative in India. Called the 'Kia Care', the new initiative is aimed to stop the spread of Covid-19 virus and help maintain hygiene environment across all its touchpoints in the country.
Under the new initiative, Kia is offering its customers a complete vehicle sanitization for free of cost. The offer is valid for a limited period and will be on a first-come-first-serve basis. This will ensure safe and hygiene cars for its customers after service and avoid spreading of the deadly virus.
Additionally, the brand has also announced that it has extended the duration of the free services by two months as well. This has been announced in order to take care of delays in servicing during the lockdown.
Kia has also introduced a three-step hygiene and sanitisation (SOP) Standard Operating Procedure. The protocol provides guidelines to be followed in order to maintain a safe environment for vehicles, service centres, dealer staff and customers.
The first protocol provides a detailed procedure to maintain vehicle hygiene. This includes a thorough exterior wash, followed by interior cleaning, with special focus on frequently used touchpoints such as steering wheel, door handles; among others. Further, the interior is cleaned with an anti-microbial solution followed by fumigation of the vehicle using special equipment and natural chemicals to sterilize the cabin. This will be available at every dealership for a period of two weeks.
The second protocol explains about the hygiene required to maintain at dealership network. This includes complete sanitization of dealerships three-times throughout the day. It should also keep hand sanitizers that are easily available in dealerships and regular temperature checks for all customers and employees. The company aims to provide the highest levels of hygiene for both staff and customers by following this protocol across all the touchpoints.
The third protocol focuses on the usage of digital medium to interact with dealerships. It promotes the use of the brand's digital service facility with the Kia Link App for vehicle service scheduling date, time, pick-up/ drop-off location and making online payments as well. This will reduce customer contact with staff and prevent the spread of the virus. Customers can also access exclusive mobile workshops with zero physical involvement.
The company has restarted production operations at its Anantapur facility in Andhra Pradesh, with a primary focus on fulfilling the pending orders. Alongside, its manufacturing operations, it has also reopened its retail operations at select cities across the country — here are more details.
In related news, Kia Motors is gearing up to introduce its third product in the Indian market. The Kia Sonet compact-SUV is expected to hit the Indian market during this year's festive season. The company's officials have confirmed that the development of the upcoming compact-SUV is on track despite the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
Once launched, the Kia Sonet will rival the Hyundai Venue, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Tata Nexon, the Ford Ecosport, and the upcoming Honda WR-V in the Indian market. Kia is expected to pack the Sonet with all the bells and whistles to make it stand apart from its rivals — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Kia Care Safety Initiative Introduced To Stop Spreading Of Covid-19 Virus In India
Kia Motors have introduced various steps to ensure the safekeeping of customers and its workforce during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. With the new protocols introduced for dealerships, it will certainly help streamline the safety process that will be strictly followed during these unprecedented times.