- 4 hrs ago Pristine 1979 Mercedes-Benz W123 Clocks More Than 12.6 Lakh Kilometres; Put Up For Auction
- 7 hrs ago Renault Extends Warranty & Free Service Period In India Due To Coronavirus Lockdown
- 8 hrs ago Yamaha India Extends Its Warranty & Service Period Due To Covid-19 Pandemic: Read More To Know!
- 10 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Prices Increased Again: Here Are The Variant-Wise Price List
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Odisha In May
- News ‘Moral catastrophe’: WHO chief urges rich nations to donate shots instead of vaccinating children
- Sports Mithali Raj, Harmanpreet Kaur named captains for England tour
- Movies Thenmozhi Serial Actor Kutty Ramesh Passes Away
- Finance Top Business Ideas Linked To Stock Markets To Make Money In This Pandemic
- Lifestyle Flashback Friday: Waheeda Rehman’s Mesmerising Chaudhvin Ka Chand Look Decoded
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Confirmed To Pack 90Hz Display: Everything We Know So Far
- Education NMMS Result 2021 Gujarat Declared, Check Class 8th Merit List At sebexam.org
The South Korean auto manufacturer Kia Motors, has introduced a new safety initiative in India. Called the 'Kia Care', the new initiative is aimed to stop the spread of Covid-19 virus and help maintain hygiene environment across all its touchpoints in the country.
Under the new initiative, Kia is offering its customers a complete vehicle sanitization for free of cost. The offer is valid for a limited period and will be on a first-come-first-serve basis. This will ensure safe and hygiene cars for its customers after service and avoid spreading of the deadly virus.
Additionally, the brand has also announced that it has extended the duration of the free services by two months as well. This has been announced in order to take care of delays in servicing during the lockdown.
Kia has also introduced a three-step hygiene and sanitisation (SOP) Standard Operating Procedure. The protocol provides guidelines to be followed in order to maintain a safe environment for vehicles, service centres, dealer staff and customers.
The first protocol provides a detailed procedure to maintain vehicle hygiene. This includes a thorough exterior wash, followed by interior cleaning, with special focus on frequently used touchpoints such as steering wheel, door handles; among others. Further, the interior is cleaned with an anti-microbial solution followed by fumigation of the vehicle using special equipment and natural chemicals to sterilize the cabin. This will be available at every dealership for a period of two weeks.
The second protocol explains about the hygiene required to maintain at dealership network. This includes complete sanitization of dealerships three-times throughout the day. It should also keep hand sanitizers that are easily available in dealerships and regular temperature checks for all customers and employees. The company aims to provide the highest levels of hygiene for both staff and customers by following this protocol across all the touchpoints.
The third protocol focuses on the usage of digital medium to interact with dealerships. It promotes the use of the brand's digital service facility with the Kia Link App for vehicle service scheduling date, time, pick-up/ drop-off location and making online payments as well. This will reduce customer contact with staff and prevent the spread of the virus. Customers can also access exclusive mobile workshops with zero physical involvement.
The company has restarted production operations at its Anantapur facility in Andhra Pradesh, with a primary focus on fulfilling the pending orders. Alongside, its manufacturing operations, it has also reopened its retail operations at select cities across the country — here are more details.
In related news, Kia Motors is gearing up to introduce its third product in the Indian market. The Kia Sonet compact-SUV is expected to hit the Indian market during this year's festive season. The company's officials have confirmed that the development of the upcoming compact-SUV is on track despite the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
Once launched, the Kia Sonet will rival the Hyundai Venue, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Tata Nexon, the Ford Ecosport, and the upcoming Honda WR-V in the Indian market. Kia is expected to pack the Sonet with all the bells and whistles to make it stand apart from its rivals — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Kia Care Safety Initiative Introduced To Stop Spreading Of Covid-19 Virus In India
Kia Motors have introduced various steps to ensure the safekeeping of customers and its workforce during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. With the new protocols introduced for dealerships, it will certainly help streamline the safety process that will be strictly followed during these unprecedented times.