- 1 hr ago Nissan Magnite Concept SUV Unveiled: India-Bound Compact-SUV To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 2 hrs ago Mercedes Unveils The AMG GT Black Series: Details & Specifications
- 2 hrs ago Tata Harrier To Receive Two New Variants XTA & XT+ Soon: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago Maserati Unveils The Ghibli Hybrid Sedan: Plans To Expand Its Dealership Network In India
- Sports Ace para-badminton player dies of COVID-19
- Movies Ashi Singh On Replacing Avneet Kaur In Aladdin: It Is Very Difficult As Fans Don't Accept You Easily
- Technology Poco M2 Pro Slated To Go On Sale Again On July 30 In India: Price And Specifications
- News EC not to extend postal ballot facility to voters aged above 65 in Bihar polls, bypolls
- Finance International Flights To US, France To Resume This Month Through 'Air Bubbles'
- Lifestyle What Is Sodium Caseinate? Its Uses, Side Effects And Ways To Eat
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Kia Motors India has announced that they will be contributing to the Andhra Pradesh CM's Relief Fund to help the state fight against the deadly virus. The company stated they will be donating an amount of Rs crore towards the relief fund.
The company stated that the donation will be used for both immediate and long-term relief in the state. Kia Motors is also committed to extending any support required to fight the coronavirus pandemic, which has put the entire country under lockdown.
Kia Motors also announced that they will be offering customers an extension of the free service period for their vehicles. All customer vehicles whose free scheduled service falls during the lockdown period will receive a 2 months extension.
Kia Motors joins the long list of automotive manufacturers who have pledged their support to fight the deadly coronavirus in India. Many companies such as Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra, MG Motors, Ford; among others, have been supporting both the central and state governments during this period.
This is either in the form of monetary donations towards various relief funds or through the production of medical equipment. Many companies have started producing equipment like ventilators, face shields and other protective aids for doctors and healthcare workers to use while treating COVID-19 patients.
Most automobile manufacturers, including Kia Motors, have shut down their facilities indefinitely. This is part of the PM's announcement on the 23rd March for a 21-day nationwide lockdown. India has currently registered over 4000 cases of the deadly virus across the country.
The auto industry has suffered a massive decline in sales for the past two months. This declining trend is expected to continue for the next few months as well, as customer sentiments for purchasing new vehicles will be on the lower side.
Sales of the Kia products, including the Seltos and Carnival have decreased as well. However, during the month of March 2020, the Kia Seltos continued to retain the title of the 'best-selling SUV in the country.
Thoughts On Kia Motors' Donation Towards The Fight Against COVID-19
The entire auto industry, although suffering huge losses due to sales, is supporting the central and respective state governments to 'flatten the curve' of the coronavirus pandemic in India. Kia Motors joins the long list of such companies, doing their bit to support the fight against the deadly virus.