- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 19 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 20 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 22 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- News 'Regret not learning Tamil': PM Modi on Mann Ki Baat
- Sports Rumour Has It: Gerrard lined up for Liverpool return as Klopp exit looms
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Movies Parineeti Chopra's Saina: Makers Eyeing For A Theatrical Release; Read Details
- Technology Zili App: What Is Zili App? How To Download And Use Zili App On Jio Phone, Android, iPhone?
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Kia Motors has announced that they have sold over 1 lakh units of connected cars in India. According to the company, one in every two cars sold by them is equipped with their UVO connected technology. Kia Motors now becomes the first car brand in India to cross the 1 lakh connected car sales milestone.
The company also mentioned that connected cars account to 55 per cent of their total sales in the Indian market, since the start of operations.
Kia Motors also stated that of all the connected cars offered by them, the Seltos GTX Plus DCT with the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol unit is the top-selling model. The top-spec Seltos SUV accounted for almost 15 per cent of Kia's total connected car sales.
Kookhyun Shim, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Kia Motors India said,
"For today's internet-savvy generation, a car should be their extension in every aspect including connectivity which can ease mobility."
"Our advanced UVO connect technology is a breakthrough effort in this direction which integrates smart devices with our cars for enabling a seamless, safer and memorable drive experience."
"Technology has always been at the focal point since our maiden launch in the country and we are elated to achieve one more milestone in-car connectivity."
Talking about the brand's UVO connect technology, the feature seamlessly integrates the customer's smartphone with its infotainment system.
The UVO Connect also offers customers an additional 57 connected features from live vehicle tracking, vehicle status, voice commands, remote operations of air purifier, air conditioning and engine start/stop. It also comes with features such as geofencing, immobilisation, SOS emergency assistance and many others.
The UVO Connect is available across all three models from Kia Motors, currently on sale in the Indian market. This includes the Seltos, Carnival and the latest Sonet compact-SUV. All three models have also been accepted extremely well in the Indian market, with the Sonet even registering the highest sales in its segment in the previous month of November 2020.
Thoughts On The Kia Connected Car Sales In India
Kia Motors in its 16 months of operations in India has become an extremely popular brand in the market. The company has hit all the right chords in India with all three of its products.