- 14 min ago Skoda Vision IN Spotted Testing For First Time In India Ahead Of Launch: Pics & Details
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Baleno Sales Crosses 8 Lakh Units Milestone Mark: Detailed Report
- 18 hrs ago New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- 19 hrs ago Tata Motors Actively In Search Of New Partners In Passenger Vehicle Segment: Here Are The Details
- News PM Modi interacts with SVANidhi beneficiaries from UP, to virtually distribute loans
- Technology Airtel Eyes $1 Billion Cloud-Based Communication Platform; Joins Hands With Swiggy, Justdial
- Sports Sanjay Manjrekar feels KL Rahul's selection in Test team based on IPL performance sets 'bad precedent'
- Movies Puri Jagannadh’s Son Akash Puri’s Romantic To Release On OTT Platform?
- Finance Angel Broking Zooms 20% On Highest-Ever Profit In Q2FY21
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In November
- Education NEET Counselling Registration 2020: Check MCC NEET UG 2020 Registration Link
- Lifestyle Are You Making These Hair Oiling Mistakes?
American auto manufacturer Jeep has just launched the Compass Night Eagle Edition in India at a starting price of Rs 20.14 lakh, ex-showroom. The vehicle is meant to take on the Tata Harrier Dark Edition.
The Jeep Compass Night Eagle Edition is based on the models Longitude Plus variant and the brand offers the Night Eagle with both petrol and diesel engine options.
The SUV features a 1.4-litre petrol engine that produces 160bhp and 250Nm of torque, and comes mated to seven-speed DCT transmission. The SUV is also offered with a 2.0-litre diesel engine that produces 170bhp and 350Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission and a nine-speed automatic.
Jeep's Compass Night Eagle Edition features black elements that enhance the overall looks of the SUV. The brand's logo, the chrome grille surround, and the larger 18-inch alloy wheels are all finished in black.
The black theme continues on the inside of the vehicle with the dashboard, the upholstery, and door pads all finished in black. The brand has used Techno Leather for upholstery that appears to be a combination of fabric and leatherette.
Key highlights of the all-new Jeep Compass Night Eagle Edition are a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible, two-zone climate control, cruise control, and a multi-functional steering wheel.
The vehicle also features a push button start-stop function, power windows, power adjustable ORVMs, a rear seat armrest, a USB and auxiliary input, and a cooled glove box.
Safety features include four airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, a rear view camera, child safety locks, traction control, an engine immobiliser, electronic roll mitigation, hill start assist, a double crank prevention system, and an anti-theft device.
Unlike the Tata Harrier Dark Edition, the Jeep Compass Night Eagle Edition is offered in a choice of four body colours - Brilliant Black, Execotic Red, Magnesio Grey, and Exocita Red.
The company says that Jeep Compass Night Eagle Edition is limited to just 250 units, and is priced between Rs 20.14 lakh and Rs 23.31 lakh, ex-showroom, India.
Thoughts About The Jeep Compass Night Eagle Edition
We think the Jeep Compass Night Eagle Edition will do really well for the company, considering that most folk who buy SUVs want to customise them from the get go. We also think that the SUV will outperform the Tata Harrier Dark Edition.