- 7 hrs ago Ather Energy Expansion Plans: New Cities To Be Added & Other Details
- 8 hrs ago Tata Nexon Connected Technology Features Explained In New Video: Watch It Here!
- 9 hrs ago Hero Pleasure+ Prices Marginally Increased Across All Variants: New Prices Now Start At Rs 55,600
- 9 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Is Expected To Launch In August: Unofficial Bookings Commence
- News India overtakes Spain’s COVID-19 tally, becomes fifth worst-hit nation
- Sports Borussia Dortmund 1-0 Hertha Berlin: Can goal decisive after teams unite to support Black Lives Matter
- Lifestyle What Is Refeeding Syndrome? Its Symptoms, Risk Factors And Treatment
- Movies Sonu Sood Sends 200 Idli Vendors Home In Tamil Nadu; Breaks Coconut In Front Of The Buses
- Finance Opted For Moratorium: Your Fresh Loan/ Approved Loan May Be Rejected
- Technology TRAI Scraps 100 Messages Per Day Rule
- Education Top 10 World Environment Day Quotes For Students
- Travel Scenic Road Trips In The Western Ghats That Every Biker Must Take This Monsoon
Jeep India has launched the diesel-automatic powertrain for the Compass SUV in the Indian market. The new Jeep Compass diesel automatic is offered with a starting price of Rs 21.96 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new diesel-automatic powertrain on the Jeep Compass is now available on the Longitude and Limited Plus variants. The top-spec Limited Plus trim of the Jeep Compass with the diesel automatic is priced slightly higher at Rs 24.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
This translates to a price hike of Rs 4 lakh for the lower-spec variant while the top-spec is now costlier by around Rs 2 lakh. Apart from the addition of the new nine-speed automatic gearbox, both variants of the Jeep Compass have now been updated to comply with the upcoming BS6 emission norms as well.
Currently, Jeep offered the diesel-automatic powertrain only on the range-topping Compass Trailhawk variant. The Jeep Compass Trailhawk was launched in mid-2019 and is offered with a price tag of Rs 26.80 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new powertrain option offered on the Longitude and Limited Plus variant of the Jeep Compass is the same as that on the Trailhawk trim. This includes a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 173bhp and 350Nm of peak torque, paired with a nine-speed automatic sending power to an all-wheel-drive system as standard.
Apart from the new powertrain option, both the Longitude and Limited Plus variants of the Jeep Compass remain the same. Both models come with a host of features, equipment and safety technology as well.
Some of the standard features on the Jeep Compass include a panoramic sunroof, LED headlamps with wipers, six airbags, eight-way electronically-adjustable driver's seat and an 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Jeep's Uconnect technology.
Partha Datta, President and Managing Director, FCA India said,
"We are strengthening and expanding the Jeep Compass range with the introduction of four diesel automatic variants, of which, the base and top-end variant will available to consumers right away. Both variants offer more equipment, boosting the value-for-money proposition for the customer which we believe will increase our share in the segment."
"This roll-out has also given us the opportunity to offer our locally-made BS6 compliant 2.0-litre turbo-diesel powertrain to consumers much before the statutory deadline."
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass Diesel Automatic BS6 Powertrain Introduction
The new Jeep Compass BS6 diesel-automatic powertrain is now finally available on lower-spec variants as well. The BS6-compliant powertrain was introduced on the Trailhawk last year, its introduction on the lower-spec trims helps bring down it's entry-level pricing by almost Rs 4 lakh.
The Jeep Compass is a premium offering in India's mid-size SUV segment. The SUV competes against the likes of the Kia Seltos, MG Hector, Tata Harrier and the Mahindra XUV500 in the Indian market.