- 9 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift India Launch Date Revealed: Here Are All The Details
- 11 hrs ago Hero Electric Flash Scooter Limited Period Discounts: Benefits And Offers Up To Rs 10,500
- 13 hrs ago Tata Is Set To Launch The Facelifted BS6 Nexon On 22 January
- Technology Best Selling Samsung Mobiles On Sale At Flipkart Republic Day Sale And Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020
- News TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu, 17 MLAs taken in police custody
- Sports Premier Badminton League 2020: Satwik & Lakshya Sen shine as Chennai Superstarz win opener
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 113 Synopsis: Time To Elect The Second ‘Elite Member’ In The House
- Lifestyle Did You Know These Side Effects Of Green Tea?
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Jeep India has launched the diesel-automatic powertrain for the Compass SUV in the Indian market. The new Jeep Compass diesel automatic is offered with a starting price of Rs 21.96 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new diesel-automatic powertrain on the Jeep Compass is now available on the Longitude and Limited Plus variants. The top-spec Limited Plus trim of the Jeep Compass with the diesel automatic is priced slightly higher at Rs 24.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
This translates to a price hike of Rs 4 lakh for the lower-spec variant while the top-spec is now costlier by around Rs 2 lakh. Apart from the addition of the new nine-speed automatic gearbox, both variants of the Jeep Compass have now been updated to comply with the upcoming BS6 emission norms as well.
Currently, Jeep offered the diesel-automatic powertrain only on the range-topping Compass Trailhawk variant. The Jeep Compass Trailhawk was launched in mid-2019 and is offered with a price tag of Rs 26.80 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new powertrain option offered on the Longitude and Limited Plus variant of the Jeep Compass is the same as that on the Trailhawk trim. This includes a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 173bhp and 350Nm of peak torque, paired with a nine-speed automatic sending power to an all-wheel-drive system as standard.
Apart from the new powertrain option, both the Longitude and Limited Plus variants of the Jeep Compass remain the same. Both models come with a host of features, equipment and safety technology as well.
Some of the standard features on the Jeep Compass include a panoramic sunroof, LED headlamps with wipers, six airbags, eight-way electronically-adjustable driver's seat and an 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Jeep's Uconnect technology.
Partha Datta, President and Managing Director, FCA India said,
"We are strengthening and expanding the Jeep Compass range with the introduction of four diesel automatic variants, of which, the base and top-end variant will available to consumers right away. Both variants offer more equipment, boosting the value-for-money proposition for the customer which we believe will increase our share in the segment."
"This roll-out has also given us the opportunity to offer our locally-made BS6 compliant 2.0-litre turbo-diesel powertrain to consumers much before the statutory deadline."
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass Diesel Automatic BS6 Powertrain Introduction
The new Jeep Compass BS6 diesel-automatic powertrain is now finally available on lower-spec variants as well. The BS6-compliant powertrain was introduced on the Trailhawk last year, its introduction on the lower-spec trims helps bring down it's entry-level pricing by almost Rs 4 lakh.
The Jeep Compass is a premium offering in India's mid-size SUV segment. The SUV competes against the likes of the Kia Seltos, MG Hector, Tata Harrier and the Mahindra XUV500 in the Indian market.