- 20 hrs ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- Education Bhagat Singh Quotes: Top 11 Inspiring Quotes By Bhagat Singh
- Sports Twitter reacts to Tewatia blitz! Yuvi relieved that Tewatia missed one ball
- News Karnataka bandh today over farm bills; Measures taken to ensure normalcy, says govt
- Movies Jayam Ravi's Bhoomi To Go The Direct OTT Way?
- Technology Week 41, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO Reno4 SE, Nokia 3.4, Moto E7 Plus, Vivo V20 SE And More
- Finance Sharekhan Places A "Buy" Call On Tech Mahindra
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Transforms Herself Into A Barbie Doll Of 2099 And Creates Buzz With Her All-Purple Look
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Jeep India has launched the diesel-automatic powertrain for the Compass SUV in the Indian market. The new Jeep Compass diesel automatic is offered with a starting price of Rs 21.96 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new diesel-automatic powertrain on the Jeep Compass is now available on the Longitude and Limited Plus variants. The top-spec Limited Plus trim of the Jeep Compass with the diesel automatic is priced slightly higher at Rs 24.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
This translates to a price hike of Rs 4 lakh for the lower-spec variant while the top-spec is now costlier by around Rs 2 lakh. Apart from the addition of the new nine-speed automatic gearbox, both variants of the Jeep Compass have now been updated to comply with the upcoming BS6 emission norms as well.
Currently, Jeep offered the diesel-automatic powertrain only on the range-topping Compass Trailhawk variant. The Jeep Compass Trailhawk was launched in mid-2019 and is offered with a price tag of Rs 26.80 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new powertrain option offered on the Longitude and Limited Plus variant of the Jeep Compass is the same as that on the Trailhawk trim. This includes a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 173bhp and 350Nm of peak torque, paired with a nine-speed automatic sending power to an all-wheel-drive system as standard.
Apart from the new powertrain option, both the Longitude and Limited Plus variants of the Jeep Compass remain the same. Both models come with a host of features, equipment and safety technology as well.
Some of the standard features on the Jeep Compass include a panoramic sunroof, LED headlamps with wipers, six airbags, eight-way electronically-adjustable driver's seat and an 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Jeep's Uconnect technology.
Partha Datta, President and Managing Director, FCA India said,
"We are strengthening and expanding the Jeep Compass range with the introduction of four diesel automatic variants, of which, the base and top-end variant will available to consumers right away. Both variants offer more equipment, boosting the value-for-money proposition for the customer which we believe will increase our share in the segment."
"This roll-out has also given us the opportunity to offer our locally-made BS6 compliant 2.0-litre turbo-diesel powertrain to consumers much before the statutory deadline."
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass Diesel Automatic BS6 Powertrain Introduction
The new Jeep Compass BS6 diesel-automatic powertrain is now finally available on lower-spec variants as well. The BS6-compliant powertrain was introduced on the Trailhawk last year, its introduction on the lower-spec trims helps bring down it's entry-level pricing by almost Rs 4 lakh.
The Jeep Compass is a premium offering in India's mid-size SUV segment. The SUV competes against the likes of the Kia Seltos, MG Hector, Tata Harrier and the Mahindra XUV500 in the Indian market.