- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 8 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 9 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
In the Jaguar Land Rover India line-up, at present, there are only two cars the Discovery Sport and Evoque to get both petrol and diesel engine options, the rest of the entire portfolio is available in petrol trims. Customers will have to wait if they are planning to buy a diesel engine option.
Jaguar Land Rover has not given up on the diesel engines, moreover, the company's 2.0-litre diesel engine option is one of the highest selling ones and will be offered soon with the other cars in India. The carmaker had at least one BS6-compliant offering across every product line on April 1, 2020, but the plan to get them out got delayed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. We can also expect the BS6 version of 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine to be offered across more locally assembled models such as the Jaguar XF and Range Rover Velar.
In other recent Jaguar Land Rover news, the company recently introduced its online sales and service platform to cater to the Indian market. The new online sales and service platform from the British carmaker guarantees customers a safe and convenient experience of purchasing a JLR vehicle, from the comfort of their homes. They already had an online retail channel through its ‘findmeacar.in' and ‘findmeasuv.in' platforms for Land Rover. However, now the company has introduced a more comprehensive and enhanced service suite on each of the brand's official websites.
Also, a few weeks back, Jaguar Land Rover's first Range Rover, made under new social distancing measures, drove off the production line at the manufacturing plant in Solihull. At the production plant effective social distancing, hygiene and health monitoring measures are in place following an extensive review of all production lines, engineering facilities, office areas and communal spaces as the company starts manufacturing products.
Some of the measures also include temperature checks, a 2 metre distance between people wherever possible, Personal Protective Equipment and enhanced cleaning at the plants. Jaguar Land Rover is also offering reusable face visors made by the company to all its employees for their safety during this pandemic.
Thoughts About Jaguar Land Rover BS6 Diesel Engines
The 2.0-litre diesel engine is one of the most selling units from the company's portfolio. Though being a diesel unit, the engine runs smoothly and gives excellent fuel efficiency. We expect the BS6 version of the diesel engine to be more refined and efficient.