- 6 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 8 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 9 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 23 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- News Miffed Trinamool Congress MP Satabdi Roy named state unit vice-president
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Chennaiyin FC vs East Bengal: Preview, Team News, Timings, Live Streaming Info
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Movies 51st IFFI Kick Starts With Enthralling Cultural Performances To Celebrate The Joy Of Cinema
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Isuzu product range is yet to receive the BS6 update from the company. It was expected to arrive much earlier in the year closer to the BS4 deadline in the country. However, the Covid-19 ongoing pandemic has delayed the launch of SUVs in the Indian market.
Ahead of its launch, we have spotted a production-ready mule of the V-Cross pickup SUV testing in Bangalore. The test mule spotted did not wear any camouflage, which could mean that it is getting closer to production and eventually the launch as well.
Speaking about the SUV itself, the Isuzu V-Cross BS6 will feature subtle changes on the interior and the exterior as compared to the previous model. Most of the trims on the exterior of the BS6 SUV remain similar to the ones seen on the BS4 model. However, we expect it to feature refreshed tail-lamps.
Other features spotted on the test mule such as the roof rails, projector headlamps, side-step, a drop-down tailgate, external rear-view mirrors, front and rear bumpers, front scuff plate, radiator grille, and other features all look the same as the ones from BS4 model.
Although we could not spot the interior of the SUV, according to earlier reports it is expected to undergo subtle revisions to enhance the premium feel of the cabin. This includes a new dual-tone colour scheme with piano black accents replacing the chrome bits seen on its earlier counterpart.
The seat upholstery and a leather-wrapped steering wheel are also expected to be updated with new colours. It is also expected to receive a larger touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Other Interior and safety features include rear parking camera with sensors, climate controls, Electronic Stability Control, Hill Start Assist, Hill Descent Control, multiple airbags, (MID) multi-information display and more will be carried over from the previous model.
Speaking about the engine, the V-Cross was offered in two engine options: a 1.9-litre and a 2.5-litre diesel engines. Both engines are expected to receive the BS6 update. The 1.9-litre unit was only offered on the top-spec trim with and came mated to a six-speed automatic gearbox. It produced 148bhp and 350Nm of torque.
While the lower-spec 2.5-litre engine was only offered with a five-speed manual gearbox. The powertrain produced 135bhp and 320Nm of torque — 13bhp and 30Nm of torque lesser than the top-spec unit. However, both the powertrains were offered with a selectable four-wheel-drive system. We expect the same power figures and set up to be carried forward to BS6 models.
Thoughts About The Isuzu V Cross BS6 Production Ready Model Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch
Isuzu is yet to update its range to the latest emission standards. We expected the update to arrive much earlier in the year. However, due to the pandemic, the launch was delayed. With minimal changed made to the BS6 model, we expect it to be priced closer to its BS4 counterparts when launched in India.