- 55 min ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Benelli TRK 502 Spotted Arriving At Dealerships In India: Launching Soon?
- 16 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Deliveries Cross Over 720 Units Across India: Announced Serice Campaign
- 19 hrs ago New Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Ahead Of its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Technology Tecno Pova Review: Impressive Baterry At An Affordable Price
- Movies Padma Awards 2021: Late SP Balasubrahmanyam, Shinzo Abe And Others To Be Recipient Of The Prestigious Award
- Sports LeBron James makes NBA history, Nets' Durant joins exclusive club and Doncic matches MJ
- News In Pics: India displays military might, cultural heritage on Republic Day
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Glow Is Unmissable As She Performs Yoga Flaunting Her Baby Bump
- Finance 5 Stock Picks Ahead Of The Budget From HDFC Securities
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In January 2021
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
Indian Oil has launched a world-class premium-grade Petrol called the XP100 in the Indian market. The XP100 is a 100 Octane petrol that caters to high-end four-wheeler and two-wheelers in the country.
The XP100 is India's first 100 Octane petrol available in the country. The premium-grade 100 Octane petrol was launched across ten cities by Mr Dharmendra Pradhan and other dignitaries.
Indian Oil produces the premium world-class petrol at its Mathura refinery using the indigenous OCTAMAX technology developed by IndianOil R&D. According to the company, it enhances the performance of high-end luxury cars and bikes.
The company also claims that the premium grade XP100 petrol with 100 Octane is designed to rev up the engine, give faster acceleration, significantly boost engine performance, give better drivability, along with an enhanced fuel economy and engine life. It exceeds IS-2796 specifications and is also an environment-friendly fuel with much-reduced tailpipe emissions.
The XP100 fuel will be rolled out in 15 cities across the country in two phases. In its first phase, the 100 Octane fuel will be available at select fuel stations, in Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Agra, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Mumbai, Pune and Ahmedabad.
In the second phase, the availability of this 100 Octane petrol would be extended to Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Bhubaneswar. The company has chosen the cities based on the availability of high-end vehicles in these cities.
Most fuel stations across India will offer three different grades of petrol fuel. This includes the regular Octane rating 87, the mid-grade Octane rating 89 and the premium Octane rating ranging from 91 to 94.
The highest Octane rating fuel that was available in the country was 99, which is offered by Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL). However, Indian Oil has gone ahead and now offers a 100 Octane petrol catering to high-end automobiles. The 100 Octane fuel in Delhi is priced at Rs 160 per litre.
Complimenting IndianOil on this suave market move, Mr Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Steel, said, "With this fuel, India has joined the league of select countries worldwide where petrol with 100 or higher Octane number is sold. Launch of world-class products such as XP100 proves that we are focusing on providing better energy solutions to all.
The fact that these solutions are being deployed with homegrown technology developed by our scientists is a matter of pride. This is yet another step in the direction of the Atmanirbhar Bharat initiative which our Government is keenly implementing in the energy sector, in line with our PM's Energy Vision."
Mr Shrikant Madhav Vaidya, Chairman, IndianOil, said, "XP100 is an ultra-modern, ultra-premium product designed to thrill your senses. It is the finest grade of petrol to give your vehicle higher power & performance and give you a delightful drive."
Thoughts About The Indian Oil ‘XP100' 100 Octane Fuel Launching In India
The 100 Octane fuel will cater to high-end premium vehicles that demand the use of the most premium fuel available in the world. The market is very niche as the number of such high-end vehicles are less in the country. According to the report, the 100 Octane fuel is available only in six countries such as Germany, USA and India; among others.