- 1 hr ago Maruti Ertiga Becomes India’s Best-Selling MPV In FY 2019-20: Registers Over 90,000 Units of Sales
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai ‘Click to Buy’ Online Purchasing Service Launched Across India
- 2 hrs ago Maxxis Tyres Partners With Yamaha: To Sell Co-Branded Tyres At Yamaha Dealerships
- 3 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 200S & Xpulse 200T BS6 Motorcycles Teased Ahead Of India Launch
- Sports Pujara's deal with Gloucestershire called off due to COVID-19 pandemic
- News 8 ESIC hospitals with 1,042 beds declared COVID-19 facilities for all insured persons
- Lifestyle How To Cut Your Own Hair And Not Regret It Later!
- Movies Hum Paanch Starring Vidya Balan, Ashok Saraf To Be Rerun On Television; Ashok Says He Had No Idea
- Technology LG Teases Upcoming Smartphone Revealing Raindrop Camera, Design
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Richest Indian On Forbes Billionaires List 2020
- Education Impact of Coronavirus on College Education in India: Dr Swati Mujumdar, Symbiosis, Speaks
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In April
The Hyundai i20 has been around in the market for over a decade and has been one of the best selling cars for the company's portfolio. And now, the first official images of the third generation i20 have been leaked online, and in addition, the hatchback will make its public debut at the upcoming 2020 Geneva Motor Show.
As seen from the images, the third generation i20 follows Hyundai's latest design language. We expect the car to be launched in India somewhere around the mid-2020. At the front, the hatchback gets a new hexagonal grille and wrapped around LED headlights with daytime running lights.
The car also gets a new front bumper which is now much sportier than before and seems similar to the design of the new Elantra and the facelifted Verna. There are air ducts on either side to cool down the front brakes and the car also features triangular pods for the front fog lights. The i20 seen here gets 16-inch top-spec alloys for added sportiness.
At the rear, the car gets cool looking wraparound tail lamps with a light bar that stretches across the width of the car. It also gets dual-tone bumpers and additional reflectors. Overall, the new i20 looks fantastic especially with the dual-tone rear bumper and the blacked-out roof. The car also gets a chrome trim along the window line.
As far as the interiors are concerned, we expect the new i20 to get quite a few updates like a larger touchscreen infotainment system with connected car technology, a semi-digital instrument cluster, and new upholstery. The car also might get an N-Line variant at its debut at the Geneva Motor Show.
Mechanically, we expect the India-spec third-generation Hyundai i20 to get the same BS6 engine options that are found on the Venue and the 2020 Creta. The engine options are a 1.2-litre petrol unit producing 83bhp and 114 Nm of torque, and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 120bhp and 173Nm.
There will also be a detuned version of the 1.5-litre diesel engine, however, the power figures are still unknown. Transmission options will be a 5-speed MT, a CVT, and a six-speed manual. The turbo-petrol is likely to get a seven-speed DCT auto option.
Thoughts On The New Hyundai i20
The Hyundai i20 has been a lot of people's choice as far as good looking hatchbacks are concerned. However, with this new model, the company will be able to attract a lot of new customers. Once launched, the i20 will lock horns with the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Tata Altroz, Honda Jazz, and the Volkswagen Polo.