- 13 hrs ago Mercedes-AMG Cars To Be Made In India Starting With AMG GLC 43 Coupe
- 14 hrs ago New Helmet Rule Imposed In Karnataka: Revised Guidelines For Children On Two-Wheelers
- 16 hrs ago Gemopai Electric Scooters Discounts For October 2020: Festive Season Benefits Up To Rs 5,500
- 16 hrs ago New TVS Ntorq 125 ‘SuperSquad’ Edition Scooter Inspired By Avengers Characters: Priced At Rs 85,992
- Education SBI Clerk Cut-off 2020: Check SBI Clerk 2020 Cut-off State-wise
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days End Date Sale 2020: Heavy Discounts On Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Lifestyle This Indian-American Girl Discovery Can Lead To The Development Of COVID-19 Drug
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 October 20 Highlights: Gauahar, Hina's Argue With Sidharth, Rubina Feels Disrespected
- News Law violations cannot be condoned under pretext of human rights : India to UNHCHR chief
- Sports Dynamo Kiev 0-2 Juventus: Morata gets Pirlo off to winning start in Champions League
- Finance This Realty Stock Zooms Most In Six-Months; Brokerages Positive On The Counter
- Travel Best Beaches To Visit In India In November
The Hyundai i20 has been around in the market for over a decade and has been one of the best selling cars for the company's portfolio. And now, the first official images of the third generation i20 have been leaked online, and in addition, the hatchback will make its public debut at the upcoming 2020 Geneva Motor Show.
As seen from the images, the third generation i20 follows Hyundai's latest design language. We expect the car to be launched in India somewhere around the mid-2020. At the front, the hatchback gets a new hexagonal grille and wrapped around LED headlights with daytime running lights.
The car also gets a new front bumper which is now much sportier than before and seems similar to the design of the new Elantra and the facelifted Verna. There are air ducts on either side to cool down the front brakes and the car also features triangular pods for the front fog lights. The i20 seen here gets 16-inch top-spec alloys for added sportiness.
At the rear, the car gets cool looking wraparound tail lamps with a light bar that stretches across the width of the car. It also gets dual-tone bumpers and additional reflectors. Overall, the new i20 looks fantastic especially with the dual-tone rear bumper and the blacked-out roof. The car also gets a chrome trim along the window line.
As far as the interiors are concerned, we expect the new i20 to get quite a few updates like a larger touchscreen infotainment system with connected car technology, a semi-digital instrument cluster, and new upholstery. The car also might get an N-Line variant at its debut at the Geneva Motor Show.
Mechanically, we expect the India-spec third-generation Hyundai i20 to get the same BS6 engine options that are found on the Venue and the 2020 Creta. The engine options are a 1.2-litre petrol unit producing 83bhp and 114 Nm of torque, and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 120bhp and 173Nm.
There will also be a detuned version of the 1.5-litre diesel engine, however, the power figures are still unknown. Transmission options will be a 5-speed MT, a CVT, and a six-speed manual. The turbo-petrol is likely to get a seven-speed DCT auto option.
Thoughts On The New Hyundai i20
The Hyundai i20 has been a lot of people's choice as far as good looking hatchbacks are concerned. However, with this new model, the company will be able to attract a lot of new customers. Once launched, the i20 will lock horns with the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Tata Altroz, Honda Jazz, and the Volkswagen Polo.