- 1 day ago 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- 1 day ago Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
- 1 day ago Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- 1 day ago 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
- Movies Mafia Day 1 Collection: Arun Vijay, Prasanna Film Makes Good Business At Box Office
- News Trump’s Marine One, mammoth SUV arrives in Ahmedabad
- Technology Best In-Display Fingerprint Sensor Smartphones To Buy In India Starting From Rs. 9,999
- Sports FIH Hockey Pro League: Fighting India go down to Australia
- Lifestyle 10 Dangerous Habits That May Cause Cancer
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Finance Gold Hits 7-Year High As Caronavirus Fears Persist
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Hyundai Launched the Grand i10 Nios last year and since then the company has got a lot of positive responses as far as sales go. There were rumors that the company might fit the1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine in the hatchback. Now, according to Autocar India, it is confirmed that Hyundai will be showcasing the Grand i10 Nios along with the turbo-petrol engine at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo.
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS comes with a completely new design language which is similar to that on the Santro. Starting with the front, the car gets the signature cascading grille which is flanked on either side by sleek projector headlamps with integrated turn signals. The car comes with LED DRLs which gives the hatchback a more sporty and premium feel.
Moving to the side, the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS comes with minimalistic styling. The car gets 15-inch alloy wheels, a blacked-out roof and sharp shoulder lines & creases run along the length of the hatchback as well. At the rear, the new hatchback comes with large bumpers with reflectors positioned at either along with some silver garnishing.
On the inside, the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS gets an all-new cabin layout with a dual-tone black/grey finish for the dashboard. The central console houses the large floating infotainment system, with buttons on either side to control it. The car also gets soft-touch materials in the cabin, giving it a premium and upmarket touch.
The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine is the same unit that powers the newly launched Hyundai Aura. The i10 Nios will be available in 10 variants and just like the Aura, this turbo petrol engine will only be available with the top-end variant of the Nios. The engine is capable of producing 100bhp of power and 172Nm of peak torque and will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Prices of the car are yet to be known and will be announced at the upcoming Auto Expo. We are also expecting Hyundai to showcase the facelifted versions of the Creta and the Verna at the Expo.
As far as safety is concerned, the car gets multiple airbags, reverse parking sensors, ABS with EBD, seat-belt reminder alert, high-speed warning system and ISOFIX child-seat mounts among many other features.
Thoughts About The 1.0-litre Turbo-Petrol Engine On The Grand i10 Nios
By putting the turbo petrol engine in the Grand i10 Nios, customers who want to have some fun on the roads will definitely go for this option. 100bhp in a car that size, I'm sure, will be a lot of fun.