- 15 min ago TVS Motor Extends Warranty And Free Service Period A Second Time: Details
- 44 min ago Ducati Multistrada 950 Gets A White Colour Scheme: India Launch Soon
- 1 hr ago Mercedes-Benz S-Class 2021 Models To Feature 12.8-Inch Touchscreen Infotainment System: Details
- 3 hrs ago Volkswagen & Skoda Auto Provides Mobile Clinic Van Providing Medical Services To Villages
- News Vikas Dubey encounter: Here's who said what
- Movies Producer-Actor Rockline Venkatesh Admitted To Bengaluru Hospital
- Technology Airtel Expands Rs. 99, Rs. 129, And Rs. 199 Prepaid Plans To More Cities
- Sports Michael Holding reveals the racism his parents faced
- Finance Mutual Fund Interest Is Slowing And It’s Worrisome
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor’s Statement Dresses Are Perfect For OOTD-worthy Moments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Hyundai India has resumed its retail operations after the nation-wide lockdown partially lifted across select cities in the country. It has received over 2,500 new bookings since dealerships have reopened in India.
Speaking to Autocar India, Tarun Garg, Director of Sales, Service and Marketing, Hyundai India, stated that the company has received over 17,000 new enquiries during the month of May, which are exceptional numbers considering zero sales happening in April 2020.
He further added that the company has delivered 1,600 new cars to its customers across the country. Mr Garg confirmed that the numbers are not the same as the ones seen during normal times, however, it is a positive reaction during these unprecedented times.
Most of the numbers that have been registered are because of the continued interest the brand has received after the launch of new products in the market. These include the new Aura compact-sedan, the all-new Creta before the lockdown, and the Verna facelift during the lockdown.
Further adding to the booking number he stated that on May 13 the company had received 450 bookings. In comparison, the dealerships registered 1,400 bookings everyday during normal times. This translates to 33 percent of the bookings, which is a great start during the ongoing pandemic.
The numbers are expected to increase once all the dealership operations have resumed across the country. As is, the company has reopened 255 of its showrooms and service centres, which are about 35 percent of the dealerships and 40 percent of its service centers in India.
Speaking about the effects on the sales due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country, Mr Garg said that Hyundai was looking at around a 20 percent degrowth. However, the company is expecting a massive increase in sales during the festive season, which will help the brand recover in the market.
He revealed that there are uncertainties due to the current Covid-19 situation and operations having only recently resumed. There are many factors that the company's operations will depend on reaching its normalcy. These include suppliers located within containment zones, and if there were to be any increase in the spread of the deadly virus in the country; among others.
In related news, Hyundai has launched the 2020 Verna in the Indian market. The new sedan features a host of changes including new powertrain options as well. The new Hyundai Verna now retails at a starting price of Rs 9.30 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) — here are more details.
Thoughts About Hyundai Registering 2,500 New Bookings After The Dealership Operations Resume In India
Hyundai India has resumed operations in the country and has received new bookings, delivered new cars to its customers, and has also launched a new car in the Indian market. The company aims to recover from the massive auto slow down and resume operation in a phase-wise manner to ensure safety of its customers and workforce.