- 9 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Teased On Website Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- 10 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exports Begin In India: First Batch SUVs Shipped Overseas
- 11 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLC Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 57.40 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago Renault Kiger Teased Ahead Of World Premiere This Month: Will Rival Kia Sonet
- Technology Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- News 'No time to waste': Joe Biden posts first tweet as US President
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 20 Highlights: Devoleena Loses Cool After Nikki Comments On Her 'Me Too' Incident
- Sports Malinga announces retirement from franchise cricket
- Finance Should You Bet On Banking Stocks In 2021?
- Education IBPS PO Prelims Scorecard 2020 Released
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In January 2021
- Lifestyle Ananya Panday Turns ‘Wannabe Kendall Jenner’ As She Strikes Quirky Poses In Subtle Makeup And Top Knot Bun
Hyundai has announced a voluntary recall for its Kona Electric SUV in the Indian market. As per the official announcement, the company has recalled a total of 456 units of the Kona Electric SUV, manufactured between the 1st April 2019 to the 31st October 2020.
As per the announcement, the reason for the recall is said to be a possible electrical deficiency in the high-voltage battery systems of the vehicles. The company has assured its customers that the issue will be resolved free of cost.
Hyundai will notify customers of the affected vehicles in a phase-wise manner. Owners of the electric SUV can further bring their vehicles to any of the Hyundai electric vehicle dealers to sort the issue.
The statement from Hyundai read,
"Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) has initiated KONA Electric Recall to inspect possible potential of certain electrical deficiencies in the high-voltage battery system of vehicles (hereinafter collectively "Vehicles") manufactured between 01st April 2019 ~ 31st Oct 2020 at no cost to customers."
"HMIL will voluntarily recall the vehicles, totalling 456 numbers manufactured during the above said period. Owners of the vehicles will be notified in a phased manner to bring their vehicle for inspection at all authorized Hyundai Electric Vehicle Dealers. HMIL will deliver best service and attention to customers with its strong service and support network across the country."
The Kona is the brand's first fully-electric SUV offering in the Indian market which went on sale in early-2019 with a price tag of Rs 23.75 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Hyundai Kona electric SUV rivals the likes of the MG ZS EV in the Indian electric SUV segment.
Talking about the electric SUV, the Hyundai Kona comes powered by a 39.2kWh lithium-ion battery pack mated to an electric motor. The powertrain produces 135bhp and 394Nm of peak torque.
The powertrain also offers a maximum range of 452km, with the battery pack taking over 6 hours for a full charge using a standard AC charger. Hyundai also offers the Kona electric with a DC fast charging option, which charges up the batteries from 0 - 80% in just 57 mins.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recall In India
Hyundai has officially announced a voluntary recall for its electric SUV offering in the Indian market. The company has ensured its customers of the best service and support network across India.