- 52 min ago Toyota RAV4 Expected India Launch Next Year: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Marazzo BS6 Prices Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 4 hrs ago Tata Nexon & Altroz Price Increase Announced In India: Here Is The New Price List
- 5 hrs ago Ford Freestyle Flair Brochure Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- Movies Kubbra Sait Supports #SuspendTeamKangana; Her Request For Kangana Ranaut 'Be Kind And Responsible'
- Sports Inaugural Lanka Premier League postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Technology Huawei Mate 40 New Listing Reveals Storage Configuration: Everything Know So Far
- Finance 14 Easy Steps to Open NPS Tier II Account Online For Free
- News COVID-19 recovery rate nears 70%, case fatality rate falls below 2%
- Lifestyle Alcohol, Coffee, Tea, Ice Cream, Eggs And Other Foods That Cause Headaches
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Hyundai India has launched the BS6-compliant diesel-powered Elantra sedan in the Indian market. The new Hyundai Elantra BS6 diesel engine is offered in two variants: SX and SX(O) and is available with a starting price of Rs 18.70 lakh. The top-spec variant is priced slightly higher at Rs 20.65 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Hyundai Elantra BS6 diesel uses an updated version of the same 1.5-litre CRDi engine. It produces 114bhp at 4000rpm and 250Nm of torque at 1,750rpm. The base SX variant receives a six-speed manual transmission, while the SX(O) trim comes with a six-speed automatic gearbox.
SS Kim, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd., said,
"Hyundai Elantra is a true global sedan and finest expression of authentic design by Hyundai Motor Studio. As a Smart Mobility Solutions Provider, Hyundai has been leading the way with cleaner & efficient technologies such as our line-up of BS6 powertrains."
"We are enhancing customer delight on Elantra with the addition of Fun to Drive & Powerful 1.5 l U2 CRDi Diesel BS6 Powertrains. Additionally, Hyundai is also providing an improved value proposition for existing Petrol BS6 Powertrain options on Elantra."
Apart from the update to the engine, the Hyundai Elantra remains almost unchanged otherwise. The executive sedan comes packed with features and equipment on both its variants. This includes LED headlamps, LED taillights, LED DRLs, stylish dual-tone alloy wheels, electrically adjustable & foldable ORVMs, large infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and the brand's latest Blue Link connected technology.
Other features also include wireless charging, steering-mounted controls, cruise control, tyre pressure monitoring system, rearview camera, ABS with EBD, seatbelt reminder, high-speed alert system and a host of other equipment as well.
The Hyundai Elantra is also offered with a petrol engine as well. The petrol unit on the Elantra comes in the form of a 2.0-litre engine, which has already been updated to comply with the BS6 emission norms. Prices for the petrol-powered Hyundai Elantra models start at Rs 17.60 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts About The Hyundai Elantra BS6 Diesel
The Hyundai Elantra is a premium sedan offering from the South Korean carmaker in the Indian market. The Elantra BS6 diesel continues to rival the likes of the Skoda Octavia and the Honda Civic in the Indian market.