- 42 min ago Hero Xtreme 160R Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V
- 2 hrs ago Hero Passion Pro BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,990
- 23 hrs ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Facelift — All You Need To Know
- 24 hrs ago Next-gen Kia Sorento Revealed Ahead Of Debut At Geneva Motor Show
- Sports Jasprit Bumrah will have a massive impact in Test series: Shane Bond
- Technology Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Cyberpunk 2077 Edition Announced: How To Get One For Free
- Movies Shekhar Kapur Is Unhappy With Mr India 2 Announcement!
- News New schemes, Ram temple focus of Rs 5.12-lakh crore UP budget
- Finance Barbeque Nation Files For IPO
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan, Kartik Aaryan And Other Best Dressed Men At Awards Show
- Travel Maha Shivratri 2020: Ancient Shiva Temples In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
Hyundai Creta sales have overtaken the Kia Seltos for the first time, since the latter's launch in the Indian market in August 2019. The Kia Seltos sales in December 2019, declined drastically by 67% to 4,645 units allowing Creta to beat the Seltos in terms of sales.
The Hyundai Creta in December 2019 also regained the title of the best-selling mid-size SUV in the Indian market. The Hyundai SUV registered 6,713 units of sales last month, which is, however, still a decline of 12% compared to December 2018 when it recorded slightly higher 7,631 units of sales.
Hyundai is currently working on the next-generation iteration of the Creta SUV, which is scheduled to be unveiled at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo in February. The new-generation Hyundai Creta will go on sale at a later stage and will feature the same engine options as the Kia Seltos.
This includes a 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines, compliant with the upcoming BS-VI emission regulations. The 1.5-litre petrol and diesel offerings on the Hyundai Creta are also said to offer the same power figures as on the Seltos.
Both engines produce the same 115bhp of power output while the 1.5-litre petrol offers 144Nm of peak torque, the 1.5-litre diesel churns out 250Nm of torque. Both engines will also be mated to the same six-speed manual gearbox choices as well. In terms of automatic transmission options, Hyundai is yet to confirm if the new Creta will borrow these as well from the Seltos.
Another question yet to be confirmed is whether or not Hyundai will receive the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol option, available on the Seltos' GT-Line trims. Hyundai will release more information regarding the new Creta closer to the date of launch.
As for Kia Motors, the company hasn't yet stated any specific reason for the sudden decrease in sales numbers of the Seltos, which in November 2019 registered over 14,000 units of sales. The Korean company is, however, preparing for the launch of its second product in the Indian market — the Carnival MPV.
The new Kia Carnival premium MPV is said to go on sale in India at the 2020 Auto Expo. The MPV will be positioned as a premium offering from the brand in the Indian market, without expecting volume sales.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Creta Sales Overtaking Kia Seltos
The Hyundai Creta has long been the best-selling product in the highly-competitive mid-size SUV segment in the Indian market. However, the attractive design, feature-rich interiors and the strong performance of the Kia Seltos had affected sales of the Creta in the Indian market.