- 1 day ago Kawasaki Launches The Ninja ZX-25R In Indonesia: Details & Specifications
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Polo & Vento TSI Limited-Edition Models Removed From The Company Website
- 1 day ago KTM RC 200 Modified With Parts From Autologue Design: Wrapped By Zed One
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Launches Car Safety Accessories: Air Purifiers, Separation Films And More
- Finance 5 Reasons Why NPS Is A Must-Have Investment In Your Retirement Portfolio
- Technology Upcoming Samsung Rumored Smartphones Expected To Launch
- Movies Independence Day 2020: 6 Web Series That Will Rekindle Your Passion For India
- Sports England vs West Indies, 1st Test: Holder lauds Gabriel and Blackwood after Windies take series lead
- News Rajasthan crisis: 75 MLAs attended CM Gehlot's meeting
- Lifestyle Radhe Shyam Actress Pooja Hegde Sure Knows How To Make A Yellow Splash With Her Outfits
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Hyundai India recently announced that they registered sales of 12,583 units in the Indian market during the previous month of May 2020. Out of these, 6,883 units came from the domestic market while the remaining 5,700 units were registered from exports.
The company also registered that the newly launched Hyundai Creta registered the highest sales figure of 3,212 units in the previous month. The Creta also went on to become the best-selling car in the country in the previous month as well.
|Model||May 2020 Sales||May 2019 Sales|
|Grand i10 NIOS||706||-|
Having said that, we now have the model-wise sales figures of each of the other models from Hyundai, which are currently on sale in the Indian market. As seen in the table above, the Hyundai Venue registered the second-highest sales in the brand's lineup. The compact-SUV registered 1,242 units of sales in May 2020.
Following the Hyundai Venue is the brand's premium hatchback offering, the Elite i20. The Hyundai Elite i20 has always been among the best-selling models for the brand in the Indian market. However, with sales of 878 units, the hatchback came in at third position for the brand. During the same period in 2019, the Elite i20 had registered close to 8,600 units of sale; registering a 90% decline last month.
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS and its compact-sedan sibling, the Aura came in fourth and fifth. The NIOS and the Aura models registered 706 and 349 units of sales, respectively. The Hyundai Aura is a compact-sedan offering, based on the NIOS and is sold alongside the Xcent sedan.
The Hyundai Verna and the Santro are next in line. While the Verna registered 317 units, sales of the Santro fell to just 157 units in the month of May 2020. The Hyundai Santro witnessed the most drastic year-on-year sales drop of 97% from 4,902 units in May 2019.
Other popular models such as the Hyundai Elantra and Kona electric registered minimum sales of just 6 and 4 units, respectively. Hyundai is currently working on introducing the Tucson facelift in the Indian market. The 2020 Hyundai Tucson facelift was showcased at the Auto Expo, held in February this year.
Thoughts About The Hyundai Model-Wise Car Sales Figures For May 2020
Hyundai, like all other car manufacturers, has suffered massively in terms of sales over the last two months. However, the South Korean carmaker is witnessing a good demand for its products in the country, post lockdown, especially ones like the Creta Venue and the Verna.