- 11 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 & Burgman Street BS6 Scooters Prices Hiked: Here Is The New Price List
- 11 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 88.80 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago BMW Motorrad Dealerships Reopens: Resumes Retail Operations After Lockdown Eased
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Creta Sales Beats Maruti Suzuki For The First Time: New Best-Selling Car In May 2020
- Finance SBI, ICICI Bank Cut Interest Rate On Bank Savings Account
- Technology Buying Guide: Best Budget Smartphones Available In India In June 2020
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor And Athiya Shetty Express Fury Over Killing Of Pregnant Elephant With Firecrackers
- News Cyclone Nisarga: Mumbai on alert; 110 KPH winds, 6 feet waves expected
- Sports Root could miss first Test of behind-closed-doors Windies series
- Lifestyle Are There Any Harmful Effects Of Staying Indoors On Your Skin?
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Hyundai Motors India has released its sales figures for the month of March 2020. The South Korean car manufacturer in India registered sales of 32,279 units; out of which 26,300 units came from the domestic market. The remaining 5,979 units were exported to other countries.
The sales performance of Hyundai in the domestic market registered a massive decline on a year-on-year comparison. The carmaker registered a decline of just a little over 40% in the month of March from 44,350 units in 2019 to 26,300 units this year.
However, the FY 2019-20 has been a relatively positive year for Hyundai in India. Although the company did register an 11% decline in FY sales, it did manage to improve its market share in the country.
This increase can mainly be attributed to the success of the Venue compact-SUV in the Indian market. The all-new Hyundai Venue is the first compact-SUV offering from the brand and received an overwhelming response in the market.
The company expected to continue the positive trend in India, with the launch of their all-new Creta SUV earlier this year. However, with the coronavirus pandemic affecting the entire world, sales have fallen drastically since the second-half of March 2020.
We expect the market situation to remain pretty much the same going into April as well. The government of India has put the entire country under lockdown. Automobile companies including Hyundai have temporarily shut down operations in the country.
Hyundai has a lot of plans for the Indian market, the company has updated a number of models over the past year. This includes the introduction of the third-generation i10 Grand (NIOS), the Aura compact-sedan, Venue SUV and the new Creta. All models have been introduced to bring in mass volume sales for the brand.
Apart from these, Hyundai is also working on introducing its next-generation i20 Elite in the Indian market as well. The new Hyundai i20 Elite is scheduled to go on sale in the country later this year.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Car Sales Report For March 2020
Hyundai has had a relatively positive FY 2019-20, with the launch of mass-market products over the past year, especially the Venue. However, similar to most other carmakers, Hyundai too is coping with the coronavirus pandemic in India, which has brought sales down to a bare minimum.