- 11 min ago 2020 Datsun RediGO Facelift Variants, Features & Other Details Revealed: Unofficial Bookings Begin
- 36 min ago Ola Electric Scooters With Smart Connectivity To Be Introduced In India: Acquires Etergo BV
- 3 hrs ago Kia Seltos To Recieve Feature Upgrades Soon: Expected Slight Hike In Pricing
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Janhvi Kapoor Reveals What Mom Sridevi Used To Say About Dancing: It's Not All About The Steps
- Sports Anil Kumble, VVS Laxman say there's still a possibility to host IPL 2020, sans spectators
- News Chidambaram slams Centre, says govt dealt another blow to citizens as RBI bonds scheme stop
- Finance Google Pay Now Makes 'Nearby Stores' Feature Available In 35 Cities In India
- Technology Now You Can Extend Validity Of Your Prepaid Plans By Paying Rs. 2
- Lifestyle Hina Khan Exudes Comfy Vibes In Green-Blue Printed Separates And It’s Perfect For Workout Sessions
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Hyundai Motors India has released its sales figures for the month of March 2020. The South Korean car manufacturer in India registered sales of 32,279 units; out of which 26,300 units came from the domestic market. The remaining 5,979 units were exported to other countries.
The sales performance of Hyundai in the domestic market registered a massive decline on a year-on-year comparison. The carmaker registered a decline of just a little over 40% in the month of March from 44,350 units in 2019 to 26,300 units this year.
However, the FY 2019-20 has been a relatively positive year for Hyundai in India. Although the company did register an 11% decline in FY sales, it did manage to improve its market share in the country.
This increase can mainly be attributed to the success of the Venue compact-SUV in the Indian market. The all-new Hyundai Venue is the first compact-SUV offering from the brand and received an overwhelming response in the market.
The company expected to continue the positive trend in India, with the launch of their all-new Creta SUV earlier this year. However, with the coronavirus pandemic affecting the entire world, sales have fallen drastically since the second-half of March 2020.
We expect the market situation to remain pretty much the same going into April as well. The government of India has put the entire country under lockdown. Automobile companies including Hyundai have temporarily shut down operations in the country.
Hyundai has a lot of plans for the Indian market, the company has updated a number of models over the past year. This includes the introduction of the third-generation i10 Grand (NIOS), the Aura compact-sedan, Venue SUV and the new Creta. All models have been introduced to bring in mass volume sales for the brand.
Apart from these, Hyundai is also working on introducing its next-generation i20 Elite in the Indian market as well. The new Hyundai i20 Elite is scheduled to go on sale in the country later this year.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Car Sales Report For March 2020
Hyundai has had a relatively positive FY 2019-20, with the launch of mass-market products over the past year, especially the Venue. However, similar to most other carmakers, Hyundai too is coping with the coronavirus pandemic in India, which has brought sales down to a bare minimum.